Old school

April 28, 2011


I made this little pinafore for Isabella last night. The fabric reminds me of the winter tunic I used to wear in primary school!


I used the "Tropical blend" pattern from the latest Ottobre magazine but adapted the hemline and added the bias binding.


We took some photos this morning. I enticed Isabella outside to look at the mist...but she decided it was called mischief and kept saying, "Look at the mischief!"


Most of my photos looked like the one above, a regular game of running away from Mummy!


Isabella loves the dress as she loves anything with pockets.  These have a bit of novelty factor too as they are circle shaped. I am looking forward to making a few more winter items for the girls' wardrobe.  I have made a sweet corduroy dress for Juliette but I can't post it yet because it is for her first birthday next week - time is flying by!


Details:
Fabric - 70 cm wool/viscose blend (from Spotlight), 40 cm printed cotton
Pattern -  Tropical blend dress from Ottobre 3/2011
Bits and bobs -  2 covering buttons

You Might Also Like

19 comments

  1. She looks like mischief to me! This is lovely...& just like my tunic too. Gorgeous work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos! I love that the pockets are circles - they look great!
    Defnitely looks like mischief! :)

    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love this tunic - you might think the grey looks a little old fashioned but the yellow really lifts and brightens it up to a very sweet dress (and yes, I used to wear a grey tunic too, with box pleats in the skirt - yuck!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your 'adaptations'! The yellow floral against the gray looks really nice.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really need to get over my fear of Ottobre patterns. All of the things you sew are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just gorgeous! Love the colour combinations :) K

    ReplyDelete
  7. She looks so cute in the dress and has such a georgeous cheeky smile! If school dresses had that lovely lemon fabric on them I don't think I would have minded wearing them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simple. Gorgeous. And I have to agree with Kirst - looks like mischief to me too! ;) So cute.
    You have done a great job. I love the bias binding. I've not used Ottobre patterns... do they do cool things for boys too?

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love this tunic! Grey and yellow is the perfect colour combo in my books. Might make one for myself........
    I especially love the yellow floral fabric. Is that from Spotlight too? Would love to get my hands on some

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic little tunic. She looks very happy in it! Along with everyone else I LOVE those pockets!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I remember the bolting away from Mum age and also the LOVE of pockets. Everything had to have pockets, to keep " treasure" in. the dress is great, i do love yellow and grey.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Suz - Just found you through AMB and I love your blog! Lots of crafty ideas, and love the up-cycling ;-) Looking forward to seeing more of your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The matching bias trim & covered buttons add a gorgeous feature to the tunic. Isabella looks mighty pleased with herslf and so she should be ~ she's adorable xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mischief all right - all around & all over that face...! ;)

    Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day☼