I picked up my scrappy quilt again a few days ago and decided to try to get moving with it. The squares have been sitting under my overlocker for the last six months keeping warm! I sorted out six more colour lots aiming to complete 16 squares in total to make a 4 x 4 square quilt.
Some sewing, ironing, cutting, sewing, ironing, cutting later, I finished three more squares. The brown one above and these two below...
So now I have 13 squares done and only three left to go!
This is definitely a children's quilt and I have put too much work into it to give it away, so I think it will be a floor quilt for the girls' bedroom. I'm planning on connecting the squares with white with coloured posts at the intersections. I think scrappy binding is the only thing that will suit - more work but it will hopefully be worth it in the end!!