Project Run & Play//Inspired by Candy: The Lovely Lollipop Dress

September 16, 2013

 
Unfortunately, although my Cloudehill dress did not receive the least public votes, with the combined judges score, it did not progress in the Project Run & Play competition.  I felt pretty deflated on Saturday after receiving the email as I was quietly confident I had done a good job of remixing but still staying true to the Popover dress pattern...anyway, such is life!  Small fry in the grand scheme of things.  Thank you very much to all of you who did vote for my dress - I really appreciate it!!
 
That said, I was sad to think I couldn't share this dress that I spent so much time on and LOVE!! But yesterday I decided I would publish the dress anyway and will enter it in the sew along...there's no way this baby is sitting in the cupboard and not being seen!! 
 
 
I actually took the photographs of The Lovely Lollipop dress on the same day I photographed the Cloudehill dress, as when I researched old fashioned lolly (candy) shops in my local area, Cloudehill gardens and this sweet old fashioned lolly shop were only minutes apart.  This meant I had this dress sewn about a fortnight ago.  I knew the competition would be less stressful this way if I worked ahead, but I also ran the risk of sewing something that would not be entered in the competition.
 

I am so happy with how my outfit turned out.  For the Inspired by Candy theme, I sewed this dress for Isabella as well as the tutu she wears underneath that peaks out the bottom of her dress.  I also candied up a singlet of hers,  washi taped some white canvas shoes and made some candy hair bobbles to match!!


When I started brainstorming ideas for "Inspired by candy" I immediately thought of these colours, but thought red and white might be too predictable.  I toyed with black and white (humbugs) and also the colours of licorice allsorts...but I really didn't want to use black.  I decided to just head to one of my favourite fabric stores and wait to be inspired.  On the way, I quickly stopped in at a little lolly shop in my local food court/supermarket.  I found this lollipop, and was literally "inspired by candy"!!! 

 
I promptly bought the lollipop for $2.50 and with my three girls in tow, we headed out to buy fabric!! The girls were very good and understood the lollipop was for "the competition" and that they could only admire it from up on the shelf until we would open it when the dress was all finished and we were up at the special lolly shop for photos!!
 
When we reached the fabric store, I pulled out my inspiration and started holding it up against the fabrics...after finding the candy stripe coral, I knew my lovely lollipop dress was the right decision.  The coral stripe and solid coral red looked so much like candy to me I had to buy them!!  I also picked up the sweet little red spot not knowing how I would use it.  After finding the belt buckle, I bought some ivory which I knew I would also use for a collar. 
 
Fabric details:
Coral solid: "Kona Coral cotton"
Ivory solid: "Kona  Natural cotton"
Striped candy pink:  "A day in the country: Palette Pleasures (coral pink)"
Small spotted red and white: "Happy go Lucky"
Lining fabric: "Spots and stripes" for Spotlight.
Tutu: coral coloured bridal tulle with pink crepe underskirt (the crepe was kindly given to me by the mother of a lovely friend).

Outfit details:
Bodice: I drafted the whole dress myself without any patterns.  I did have bodice patterns I could have used, but wanted to make this dress all by myself, so for the bodice I traced a fitted top of Isabella's which I shortened.  I wanted some detail in the front so added the solid coral red piece with piping down the centre.  The cream buttons are vintage from my stash. 
 
 
The back closes with an invisible zipper and the whole bodice is lined with a candy spotted fabric. Which is hand stitched along the invisible zipper. 
 
 
Piping: The piping is covered with a combination of store bought bias binding and some I made myself with the identical fabric (because I underestimated how much bias I would need).
 
Sleeves: The sleeves are simple little caps (lined and piped).
 
 
Collar: I drafted the peter pan collar myself.  It is also piped with the candy piping.
 
Belt: I hadn't initially planned on adding a belt, but I found the plastic belt buckle for about 80c and immediately bought it and am so glad I did!!  The belt is interfaced for some extra form and is also edged in candy piping. The belt loops are intertwined embroidery thread.
 
 
Skirt: I wanted a full and twirly skirt.  I decided to alternate the two main colours of the dress to create a three quarter circle skirt.  I pieced them together and with a bit of taking in here and there, managed to line the skirt up nicely with the bodice.  The hem is hand stitched, so the seam is not visible.
 
 
Tutu:  I also wanted the dress to have a nice full look, but did not want this to be permanent.  A dress with a permanent tulle underskirt would not be very practical, so I made a separate coral coloured tutu from coral tulle with a pink crepe underskirt.  The underskirt and tulle are sewn straight onto the wide elastic and I hand stitched some stretch silver sequined band on the outside of the waistband.  The tulle and crepe were cut into a full circle skirt.



Singlet:  the singlet is one Isabella already owned.  I just stitched a rectangle of the spotted fabric from the dress onto the top in a candy shape ( I cut the rectangle with pinking shears).  Isabella is pictured here at Cloudehill gardens on Juliette's photoshoot...there was no way she was creasing the dress in the car - it hung on a hanger until we got to the lolly shop! 
 
 
Shoes: I did not have a pair of shoes for Issie that really suited the dress and I did not want to go out and buy a pair of shoes just for the outfit.  So I borrowed a little pair of white canvas shoes from a friend and taped them up with some pink and red fabric washi tape!! Fun!  They suited the dress perfectly.
 
 
Hair bobbles:  The lollipop hair bobbles were made with fimo (modelling clay that can be cooked and set).  I rolled out red and cream liens and twisted them together to form lollipops then punched holes with a skewer before cooking them. These were originally going to be the buttons on the dress but I decided it looked a bit too busy and that cream buttons looked better. 
 

  Talk about "inspired by candy"...the photo below says it all (and was not set up!!)
 
I love these photos....Isabella had such a lovely time in the lolly shop and was allowed to pick five things to put in her basket and buy from the nice shopkeeper (or should I say "copsheeper" as Juliette likes to call them)!
 
 
 
I quickly snapped this shot...waiting to be served!! 

Issie had so much fun at the lolly shop (or "candy store" as it would be referred to in the US)...She has asked about four times since if we can go back!  And she LOVES her candy dress!!  She will be wearing it to every birthday party she is invited to until I can't do the zip up anymore!! 

She actually wore her lolly bobbles to kinder this morning and asked if her candy dress had won the competition.  I told her no, and her response was, "Maybe we could go and see the ladies and ask them if we can go back in the competition?"  I told her they lived in America...she conceded that perhaps that was a bit too far and we both agreed she was lucky to have such a special dress!
 
 
Have you sewed along for this week's "Inspired by Candy" theme?  I will add my creation to the sew along and look forward to seeing some  more candy inspired creations there and also to seeing the other contestants entries in the voting poll tomorrow.  I don't plan on sewing along for next week's theme: Mad for Plaid...I had envisaged a muted pastel plaid fitted duffle coat with fur trimmed hood over a little velveteen Debbie tunic with plaid trim and a plaid skirt, teemed with tights and knee high boots.  But this is not something I am going to make now since it is not really the right season here for coats (I would have sewn it up with room for Isabella for next winter).  Instead, I am going to sew for myself next week - joining in with selfish sewing week!  I will probably sew along for the final week, My signature style, and show a bit more of the two patterns I am slowly working on (in all my spare time!!!!).
 
 
 That's all from me and from Isabella with her lollipop lips and a mouthful of jube!  I hope you like my creation:))
 
Thanks again to all those who voted for me in Week 1 and for all the lovely comments on my Cloudehill dress...I really appreciate it!
 


You Might Also Like

107 comments

  1. Booooo - so sad to see you leave! Oh, I just can't believe this dress will not be in the competition - it's simply stunning...the fabrics, design, attention to detail, photos...everything! You are truly an amazing sewist!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suz! I am blown away by this dress! The belt and the candy piping are my favourite features but it's all brilliant. The washi tape shoes are such a great finishing touch. I think I need a trip to that shop - you'll have to reveal the location to me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry you got "sent home"! I loved your Cloudehill dress, and this one is great too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suz, I wish this season could be like the all star season and no one is sent home. I know how hard everyone is working on their creations. I loved your Cloudhill dress and I love this one! The details on this is just amazing! Such a cute dress!
    Alexia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm shocked at the result Suz, your Cloudehill dress was beautifully sewn. I'm with Laura that this candy dress is something else - that piping and the alternate panels on the skirt - perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suz, I think we have very similar definition of 'remix'. I loved your first dress... This ons is just breathtaking! I love absolutely everything about it! It sure looks like something you really enjoyed making and Isabella enjoyed wearing :) Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no you're out? That sucks man! it really is hard to figure out what the judges want to see, and like I said before the pattern remix is so difficult because how much do you remix it? What elements do you keep?

    I absolutely LOVE this dress Suz! It is so gorgeous and detailed. I love the inspiration, and those little fimo hair bobbles are SO CUTE! I need to make some!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I voted for your Cloudehill dress and was shocked when the tally was revealed. I thought it was a lovely reinterpretation of the popover dress. I'm a fan of designs in which the original pattern is still discernible and I loved your patchwork and handstitching. This Lolly Dress is so adorable! I can see that she is in love with it and feels so special in it, which is always the best result in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is sooo adorable! Too bad it can't be in the running, but so glad you shared it!! The colors and piping are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. THANKYOU SO MUCH EVERYONE!!!! ALL YOUR COMMENTS HAVE MADE ME FEEL MUCH BETTER!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love both of these dresses. What a lucky little girl who gets to wear them! Keep on being you, Suz. Your work is beautiful and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Suz - this dress/outfit is totally fabulous - perfectly designed and styled. And the photos are amazing!
    I am so sorry that you are 'out' of the competition. I have never followed PR&P before, but was this time since you were a contestant. I really don't think I understand what a remix is - think that this needs to be clarified.
    Glad you will get to sew along with Selfish Sewing Week next week - can't wait to see what you make :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't believe you didn't make it on to the next round. This dress is too amazing for words. And I love ll the pictures you took. They remind me of a Norman Rockwell painting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was so sad when I saw that you didn´t make it to next week at PR&P! Your popover dress was so sweet...
    But you did the right thing by publishing this week's dress. It is absolutely gorgeous! Maybe you will win the sew along...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your dresses!! I can't believe you are not moving on to the next round !:( So glad you shared your Lolly dress - it is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your dress turned out So darling!! Glad you added it to the sew along.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Definitely sad to hear the news; it was for sure an honor for me to be in the lineup with you! I am amazed with your sewing skills, and this dress is no exception! Love all of the little details, and the pictures are just perfect! Enjoy your selfish sewing!

    Summer:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. So sorry that your cloudhill dress didn't get you to the next round... (I voted for you!) :( But, so so so glad you shared this dress today! You did an AMAZING job! Beautiful! I love this so much. And yes, indeed a lucky girl to have such a special dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a gorgeous dress! LOVE IT! What a lot of hard work - it turned out amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am in AWE of all the amazing details on this dress! So cute! I love the shoes, dress, skirt, all of it! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I loved your cloudehill dress too! It's disappointing we won't see more of your lovely sewing in the next rounds! Thanks for sharing this one, though, it really is beautiful! It's obvious how much work you put into it and equally obvious how much your daughter loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. From head to toe this is such a happy fun creative outfit! I know it would have been in the top this week. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this dress, Suz... everything about it, but especially the piping and the way you've combined the fabrics. Great photo shoot, too.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Absolutely gorgeous!!!! Incredible work Suz! And how clever to make the little shoes match the way you did....love everything about this sweet set and the darling pics you took. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am so sad to see you go! This dress is just stunning and your last one was so adorable! I can't wait to see more from you!

    ReplyDelete
  26. LOVE LOVE LOVE this dress. It is beyond cute. To be honest i dont think anyone understood the first challenge if you look at the entries they vary a lot. I hope you keep sewing with the sew-a-long because i think your clothes are adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Absolutely beautiful! I love all the details and colors used in the dress. Sad to see you go from PRAP but I followed your blog before that and will continue to, of course!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love this dress! It is adorable and practical! Wish you hadn't gone home, but happy to see your amazing looks! Don't forget to come link to our Fall Clothing Party!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. So beautiful! I'm a big fan of retro and this one is perfect! So sad to see you out of the competition.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Such a cute dress! I love that you photographed her in a candy shop, such a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh I love this! This is so adorable. I to was expecting to see a lot of red and white (that's why I picked a chocolate) but surprisingly there isn't much yet in these colors. This is adorable. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh my, this candy dress is divine! I'd probably buy it if I found it in a boutique!

    Your Cloudehill dress is also very cute. I seriously had an extremely hard time deciding which design to vote for last week. Regrets for not progressing, but great job on both designs! You are very talented!

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  33. Stunning dress! love the design and added belt!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I'm so glad you linked up to the sewalong. It would be a shame not to share such a gorgeous dress with everyone. I can't wait to see the rest& am sorry to hear you won't move forward. But, as you said, small fries right? <3

    Mae

    ReplyDelete
  35. Just like everyone else I am sad to see you go! This lovely lollipop dress is just that - absolutely lovely!! Everything about this dress is just beautiful! The pictures are just precious too!
    And your mad about plaid look sounds awesome. Hope you decide to make it when the season is right!

    ReplyDelete
  36. It's always hard to see people have to leave the competition, all the looks were great! I'm so glad you shared this in the sew-along, I hope you keep doing that. I just love this look! Every detail is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  37. OH, man. I'm sorry you didn't make it through to this week, cause that dress is AMAZING. (I TOTALLY know how you feel about getting out first, btw...har har)

    Back to that dress-wow! I love all the little details you added-the belt, the bobbles, the different fabrics and piping galore! So, so fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess and it seems I am in good company with being the first to go !!

      Delete
  38. Yummy ideas! I love all the details that you added to the dress. Thanks for sharing it. I also am going to try the washi taped shoes idea. I would have never thought of that...
    Deborah
    http://sewmuchtogive.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. I LOVE this dress! It's just gorgeous. And how creative to use washi tape to make the shoes! Your daughters comment about ladies in America was just too precious!. :) What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  40. This is incredible, and so well done! Amazing details! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  41. This is wonderful! I love what you did with the shoes :) These colors are so lovely. I was sorry to see you leave the competition :(

    ReplyDelete
  42. The 'inspired by candy' dress looks good enough to eat!;) I love the colors and the attention to detail with the styling. It's beautiful, Suz! I'm so sorry that your Popover dress didn't garner enough points. I really liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Everything about this outfit is so sweet ;)
    The red & white striped piping on the collar looks like candy canes!
    PS I was so sad to see you leave PR&P, I totally know how you feel being the first one to go... maybe you will still share your plaid outfit with us?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks rachael but it will be too much work to make my plaid look. I would need to go out and spend quite a bit and we are entering spring so will sew it up next year and share it then!!

      Delete
  44. This dress is GORGEOUS! I absolutely love it <3 it's perfect for the candy theme :) it should totally be included like a Project Run And Play come back :)

    ReplyDelete
  45. You better win the sew-along! This dress is amazing and you got it down to every detail, including the shoes! After seeing this dress, I'm especially sad to see you go, but know that you are obviously VERY talented and a great designer! Never stop sewing. Super cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  46. Thankyou so much everyone! I have never received this many comments on a blog post!! I appreciate all your lovely comments!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Love the shoes & dress. I'm so confused, one of the designers is still in & I could see nothing of the original pattern...Your last design was adorable. You had my vote...too bad it didn't count. xoxo Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  48. I voted for your Popover Dress - I'm another who likes to see the original pattern with a twist...but Suz, this dress is AMAZING!!! Absolutely everything about it...and I just showed my soon to be 4 year old daughter...guess what my new challenge is??? You should be so proud of your work, it's just beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou!! Perhaps a child should be the guest judge for this challenge!!!

      Delete
  49. Suz, may I invite myself over for a Australian candy shop visit??!?!? Pretty please, with sugar on top?? A couple of things: a) I'm SO GLAD you went 'vintage-inspired' on this look. We wanted to, but couldn't get our act together to do so and b) THANK YOU for linking up your creation for everyone to see in the sew-along. There was absolutely, positively too much work / labor of love put into this garment NOT to share with the rest of us!! Chin up girl....warmer days are ahead in the land down under....

    ReplyDelete
  50. This dress is just AMAZING!! I'm so sorry it's not in the running this week. I'm so glad you shared it though, seriously, it's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  51. This dress is just stunning and your photo shoot is outstanding. I love everything about it! Your daughter looks adorable in the shot where she is standing open mouthed in awe. I was surprised and sad to see that your popover remix wasn't what the judges wanted. I, too, don't think that I understand the concept of 'remix'. I would think that the original lines of the dress would be there somewhere. I was pretty stunned to see the winner of the sew-along contest. I don't see the popover dress in the boy's jacket at all. Anyway, so glad you posted this and we get to be inspired by your gorgeous work.

    ReplyDelete
  52. It was a shock to me this morning when I read the results. I'm agree with you about a remix. But thanks for sharing this beauty. This dress is so sweet!!! it says candy all over. Fantastic craftsmanship, and the mix of the patterns in the fabric plus the details it is just so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  53. It was a shock to me this morning when I read the results. I'm agree with you about a remix. But thanks for sharing this beauty. This dress is so sweet!!! it says candy all over. Fantastic craftsmanship, and the mix of the patterns in the fabric plus the details it is just so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  54. It was a shock to me this morning when I read the results. I'm agree with you about a remix. But thanks for sharing this beauty. This dress is so sweet!!! it says candy all over. Fantastic craftsmanship, and the mix of the patterns in the fabric plus the details it is just so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  55. So sorry you didn't make it. Both your dresses are beautiful and so well made. Great job.
    I love the pictures in the candy store.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Suz, this dress is incredible! I love it! So glad you're showing it off!

    ReplyDelete
  57. I (like others here) was shocked you were out this week. I loved your dress! And this one is so adorably perfect for the theme. Good idea to add it to the sew along. :)

    ReplyDelete
  58. This dress would have sealed the deal for you in the PR&P competition--it is the BEST interpretation of a candy-inspired dress EVER! With all of the details, the colours and design elements, it is perfection. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  59. I'm sorry about the P&P news - your dress was beautiful. And this candy dress is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  60. Wow, you thought of everything! It is stunning! I always think the first one voted out of PR&P often doesn't get to show their true talent :( keep sewing girl ;)

    ReplyDelete
  61. This dress is awesome! Shame you're not through, you'd have probably won hands down this week.

    ReplyDelete
  62. Too right this dress should get an airing, it is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  63. So sad you're out...this dress would have won for sure! It's cute and pretty and sweet and fancy all at the same time! I love the candy striped piping and the collar and the sleeves!! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  64. I voted for you... and I did so because it was the dress I would choose to put MY Isabella in! Love your vision and the great When we were young series. :)

    ReplyDelete
  65. Sorry you aren't on project run and play anymore :( I am sure it was a sad moment but I really admire the way you are handling it. I agree, this dress is amazing and needed to be shared with the world. I am very glad you shared!!! The piping especially makes me smile. You did a great job with it.

    ReplyDelete
  66. Guys, I just want to say I am soaked in gratitude over all these lovely comments!!!! THANKYOu!!! I have loved reading every one:)))))

    ReplyDelete
  67. It's gorgeous! I'm so glad you decided to publish it. The details are wonderful, it's hard to pick a favorite part. I'm sure it will be well well loved! -Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  68. Dress is beautiful! I love it all, especially the piping details, fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete
  69. Oh no no no Suz!!!! I can't believe you were eliminated!!! I am such a fan of your work and your Cloudhill dress was so beautiful (my love for it probably has a little something to do with my quilt fetish). Please rest assured that you have a strong following and that your creation was very inspiring!!! And today's dress is no exception... wow, this is soooo lovely, so perfect! There is so much detail in this candy striped dress. I would have voted for it right away at it still be on PR&P!!!

    Natalie @ La gang à Nat
    XXX

    P.S. I sewed three Debbie dresses (with more to come I'm sure). Watch for them next week on a guest post at I seam stressed...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely comment nat! Can't waityo see your dresses:))

      Delete
  70. So sad to see that you're not an official competitor on PR&P now! You did an awesome job and I seriously LOVE this candy shop dress! Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  71. Absolutely darling. Can we vote you back in?

    ReplyDelete
  72. Aw I wish you were still in toooo! This is such a cute dress. Really beautifully done, Suz. Getting eliminated from PR&P can sting for a while but you'll only be stronger for your experience there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  73. I don't 'follow' too much in blogland as I am pretty busy just keeping the Fab Five clothed and fed.

    I have to say I am slightly confused as to why you were not kept in the competition and this dress (lolly shop) romps in as the nicest outfit by far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thankyou very much! It is certainly up there as one of my favorite sewing projects to date:)

      Delete
  74. Aww, man, such a shame you were eliminated :( Everything about this outfit is completely amazing and you would've had my vote if it'd been in the pool.

    ReplyDelete
  75. This is a beautiful creative dress! It is lovelier than any other outfit this week and captures the theme not only in the fabric and colours but in the style too. Well done, and sorry I can't vote for you!

    ReplyDelete
  76. Really gorgeous and detailed look. And I might add that it's very.....sweet! Sorry you didn't make it further. For some reason I thought that this season they weren't having people leave from week to week but I guess that's next time. I hope your sweet girl enjoys her dress because she looks so adorable in it. Love the candid moments of excitement on her face.

    ReplyDelete
  77. so sad to see you leave the competition!! I love this dress! The colors are piping are just adorable. I linked up a Milky Way inspired outfit for my son... SO much fun! Emily@nap-timecreations

    ReplyDelete
  78. wow... being your inspiration the same as mine, I have to say this would be my winning entry this week. AMAZING, and the attention to details?! You did an amazing job. I'm glad you still shared it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  79. I loved reading all these comments too ;-) Your dress is STUNNING and SO well made. It should for sure have been part of the line up this week too. ARGH!

    ReplyDelete
  80. So sorry you're out Suz. This dress is amazing - such beautiful details. So well thought out with the hair bobbles and shoes too. I'm really pleased to see you still added it to the sew along.

    ReplyDelete
  81. So sweet and beautiful. thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  82. Very cute shop, very cute dress, very VERY cute little girl!!! :-)
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete
  83. Not fair, right?
    I loved your previous project and this one is even more amazing (as if that would be possible)!!
    You did the most amazing job (and styling) with this challenge - could you get an honorary award?!
    Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  84. So sad about the Cloudhill dress! And the candy dress would have been a sure-fire winner...wonderful, wonderful creations Suz!

    ReplyDelete
  85. I Tried to compliment Your lovely design and also the colorful, bold and edgy dress from the first challenge. The comment replicated and by accident I removed all versions. Sorry for the mess;)

    ReplyDelete
  86. Sure can't tell what they are looking for, and pretty sure they will be sad that this darling creation in not in the current running, it is yummilicious!

    ReplyDelete
  87. I'm late to the game and I'm probably repeating what everyone else has said, but if you had still been in the competition this week, you would have blown your competition out of the water. Such a great take on the theme!! And I loved your first week's dress too and couldn't believe it when you had to leave...

    ReplyDelete
  88. I don't know which I like better...the dress, the shoes, or the photoshoot! Thank you sharing it with us in the linky party!
    -liZ

    ps---I still don't have my candy inspired look completely finished.....:(

    ReplyDelete
  89. I'm so sorry you didn't get to continue in the competition... I loved your Cloudehill dress.
    This lollipop dress is incredible! I love the piping, the panels, the fabrics, the buttons... everything about this dress is perfect. And the lollipops for the hair, along with those shoes, are wonderful finishing touches.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day☼