The epitome of cuteness and a sweet cupcake suit

February 24, 2011

I am biased but I swear Juliette is getting cuter by the day!! I am super excited about making some baby suits for her. This first one has turned out so well and was very satisfying to make! The only changes I would make would be to make the banding on the legs 1-2 mm wider to better accommodate the snaps.


I used an Ottobre pattern but added my own touch to the front with some little frills and a pink panel of buttons. I love how making do with what you have encourages you to come up with new ideas. I didn't have three of the same colour button but had one of each of these which match the cupcakes!  I used a leftover scrap of flannelette from my baby bib for the buttons to sit on - was a better contrast than straight on the interlock.  I am loving my twin needle for sewing stretch edging and the snaps make the suit look very 'profesh'!                                                                                                    
        
        
     Details: 
     Fabric - Printed stretch cotton interlock and cream contrast interlock 
     from Spotlight 
     Pattern - Ottobre 1/2010 (modified bib)
     Bits and bobs - three white snap fasteners (paired), three buttons 

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Nice work Suzie!
    When are you taking orders?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We shall see... might even look into etsy shop in the future!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. man you are good.... you'll be opening up a shop soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you been fringe cutting as well as fabric cutting?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day☼