A new outfit

March 16, 2011


I have been doing lots of sewing this week and having fun making Isabella some new clothes as her wardrobe is beginning to look depleted of clothes for the cooler months ahead. A run around in the garden this morning provided me with some good photo opportunities.

The pants are made of stretch velvet/corduroy while the top is made of a stretch wool jersey. Although I made the pants to Isabella's height specification they are still a little big so I fashioned a belt of some cream strap and two little red D rings! I used a detailed red stitch across the strapping to add a bit of interest to the belt. This pic also shows the pocket detail on the pants.

They were fun to make and I think I will keep my eye out for some stretch denim for Issie's next pair of jeans.







Pants details:
Pattern - "Clarabella", Ottobre, 6/2010
Fabric - 60 cm of navy stretch velveteen cord, cotton floral print for pocket inserts (both from Spotlight)
Bits and bobs - silver jeans button, 10mm zip, linen ribbon for back pocket detail


Top details:
Pattern - Traced from existing top
Fabric - 50 cm stretch woolen jersey (from Rathdowne Remnants), 20 cm navy ribbing


Belt details:
60 cm of 25mm cream strapping and 2 red D rings (both from Spotlight)

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. both pieces are adorable! love the stripes-and awesome pants. :}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! And I love the addition of the belt! I gotta get making my girls some skirts and cparis for the warm months too....they're just around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the top, so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there! i love you new blog, I'm new to blogging to! perhaps we can follow each other? i love to sew too, i will post about my latest quilt tomorrow... http://thatblogyoudo.blogspot.com here's my link anyway.
    Hope to chat soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. how cool is that top?? Id wear that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute top!
    Would be perfect for our little nice...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day☼