Big lady skirt becomes little girl nightie

November 15, 2011

Another summer nightie for Isabella.  This one I recycled from a very large skirt I rescued when tigying up our playgroup dress up basket - there's no way a little kid could walk in this thing without tripping up...
so I thought I'd put it to better use!
Isabella was particularly difficult to photograph (she is usually very obliging) for this 'shoot'.  I took 20 or so photos but the best ones were of her up top and of her photographing the paparazzi!
I made the pattern up and the sleeves sort of 'evolved' but I think they work.  Isabella loves wearing her new nighties to bed and she looks lovely and floaty and ready for sleepy land when she trots off to bed.

You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. I was admiring a pretty nightie in French store Jacadi only today that was exactly this style. Only problem was the price tag - $110. A little too much for a nightie. Much better to make your own - especially when they turn out to be this cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! It must be so light and comfy on a hot summers night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so clever. My girls love wearing a nightie - think we might just have to give this a go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job - it looks great! Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. aawww so cute!!i am a new fashion blogger from indonesia living in singapore :) i really like your blog. i will really appreciate & it will be an honor to have u as my blog member.

    and of course i will folback!:D also, u can mention me anytime on twitter @tiodang if you want me to check out your latest post & leave a comment ^^ ,please list me on twitter, so i will know u're my follower!! ;)

    i've just recommend your post to google!u can check it! that's what u got if you keep in touch with my blog too!! hope u will do the same ^^
    (u can add me on facebook and contact me at : cheeringwinda@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that turned out so beautiful!!! Love the added touch of the little velvety bow too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who wouldn't want to be lovely and floaty before bedtime? So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great job, thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day☼