Emily's quilt progress

May 13, 2012


I had a lovely couple of hours to myself today while Emily slept and Stefan took the girls to Bunnings.  I promptly made myself a latte, buttered a freshly made date scone and pulled out my sewing machine.  I got four of these squares finished to complete the twelve to make up Emily's quilt.  I plan on joining the blocks with white sashing and blue pinwheel posts for the intersections.  I have gained a bit of momentum with this quilt now and hope to have it finished in the next couple of weeks - everything moves pretty slowly at the moment with three little girls on the go!

The fabrics for this quilt are from the Children at Play range by Sarah Jane.  I can't wait to see her new line which is due to be released in the next week or so.  Her fabrics are so sweet.

I'm enjoying putting my feet up now after a nice mother's day - enjoying a Baileys and some Lindt chocolates thanks to my girls (Stefan had something to do with it too), and snuggling up next to this little sweetheart.  Happy Mother's Day!


Emily - ten weeks today.

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. the quilt is looking so delicate and sweet- love that range of fabrics, too. and what a sweet ten-week-old you have there. happy mother's day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that fabric, you've used it perfectly. Can't wait to see the finished product!
    Emily is sooo sweet, happy mother's day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ADORE that fabric!!! Love, love, love the quilt! It's going to be magnificent!!! Can't wait to see it all finished.....
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day☼