kcwc: Day seven - Emily's nightie

October 14, 2012


On my final day of sewing for the Kids clothes week challenge I made this little summer nightie for Emily.  She generally wears wondersuits to bed but with the weather warming up I thought a nightie would be cute.


I used an old Style pattern of Mum's - just a basic peasant style with elasticated bias around neck and arms and a small button opening at the back.  I threaded elastic through the bias binding and secured it with machine stitching at each end of armholes and neck.

I love nighties. My three girls all went off to bed tonight in a homemade nightie!

Project details
Pattern - Style 2361, View 4
Fabric - Japanese lawn from Spotlight on special for $10 per metre
Cost - $5
Time taken - Just over an hour

I've had lots of fun this week sewing for the challenge.  I have also enjoyed discovering some new sewers.  You can check out the Elsie Marley flickr pool for hundreds of creations made this week.

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. so cute. I have a few nightie's on the to do list for my 3 girls too. My eldest (who is 4) is obsessed with them at the moment and insists on calling them nightgowns - I think it's mainly to do with her desire to be a princess :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is just the sweetest thing ever! Love the nightie too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know what is sweeter - the nightie, or her! (actually, yes I do ;-) )

    ReplyDelete
  4. VERY cute! You even have a cute hanger!!!
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day☼