E is for Emily

January 02, 2013

 
I made these last minute christmas gifts for the girls.  A letter for each of their names.  E is for Emily.  I used a vintage Bambi print on a pine letter I bought from Spotlight.
 
 
Framed print is by Sarah Jane.  Rabbit made by me - Pattern by Fiona Dalton.  I also made the small teddy and covered the lamp.  Wooden mouse is from Spotlight, Steiner angel was a gift from a friend.
 
 
 
J is for Juliette and I is for Isabella.  These two prints are also from a vintage Little Golden Book - illustrated by Corinne Malvern.  I would never be able to use pages from a real book...I printed these from a google search and enlarged them to size.  I used wood glue to stick the prints onto the letters, allowed to dry, then cut carefully around the letters from the back with a sharp stanley knife.  I then used spray varnish (two coats) to finish.
 
 
Again, the framed print in the girls' room is by Sarah Jane.  The dolls are made from a pattern by Fiona Dalton.  'Mama Bear' is made from a pattern by nest studio. I covered the lamp myself.
 
I love the simplicity of the letters and the fact that you get great effect for not too much time and effort!  So friends with children, you can guess what your little ones are getting for their birthdays this year!!
 
Linking up here today. (PS. If you use this idea, please link back, thanks).

You Might Also Like

5 comments

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day☼