The Perennial Dress - Take 2

February 21, 2013


Here is take 2 of The Perennial Dress - the pattern I am currently drafting in multiple sizes to have available for free on my blog.  I made a couple of changes from Take 1 - including making the sleeves a little shorter, lengthening the hemline, changing the zip for a button and loop and adding pockets.


The lovely fabric is called Spaicy Scrap from the Old New Fabric Collection by Lecien.  I used a pre-ruffled cream trim around the sleeves and pocket hems.


Sweet candy striped bias binding around the arm holes.


Isabella is a bit over me taking photos of her but she was very good and let me take a few more of her in this dress!



Playing with our overgrown grass in the garden.  With our hot summer, it is barely worth mowing as most of it has turned a lovely shade of brown!


I think I will have the pattern and tutorial ready to go in two days time - I'm very excited, the pattern is looking great!  Sizes will be 6 months to 6 years.

Linking up here today.






You Might Also Like

19 comments

  1. What a pretty dress - and lovely photos too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love the candy striped binding. Reminds me that I must finish a tunic with that binding in blue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous dress. I wouldn't mind making a similar one for my girl. Very sweet. Cx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou:) my pattern will be on my blog in next day or two:)

      Delete
  4. Go you! What a beautiful dress, and I'm in love with that fabric, thanks for telling what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely Suz - shall be making this for Lucy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This version is my favourite, the fabric choice, the trim, the pockets, the button tie closure, they all work beautifully together for this pattern. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Waw, this is such a pretty dress! I love the fabric you used too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou An! I love the stuff you make too. I am drafting my first pattern for this dress. Will be ready in a day or two.. I'm excited!

      Delete
  8. Aaah! That's just so cute! Will there be a grown-up size???
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute, Suz!
    Love your fabric choice and I have a serious crush with the cap sleeve!
    Adorable and perfect for a little girl!
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! I love your choice of fabric, and the ruffle trim too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a sweet dress, and I love your fabric choices. Looking forward to making one up for my little one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These dresses are really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this dress. I am very excited to make it. I am wondering if there is a free place for me to download the pattern. The only place I can find it is on Scrib and you have to have a subscription. Thanks so much for all of your hard work on this pattern. I can't wait to get started. I already bought some beautiful fabric for this dress.
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day☼