A vintage floral Sunday best dress

August 31, 2014


Here is the sleeveless, no collar but nice piping, version of my new pattern - Sunday best dress. You can see the first version in my previous post here.


This one is made from a vintage floral sheet that I have been holding on to for a while.  I paired it with baby pink piping for a very 'spring' dress (spring starts tomorrow in Australia - yay!!!).


This dress was made for one of Juliette's little friends who celebrated her fourth birthday today. Poppy graciously gave us back the dress so that I could photograph it today as I ran out of time before her birthday. Thank you Poppy! And I hope you like your dress!!


I am having heaps of fun creating this pattern and it is a really rewarding dress to put together.


I have the 'winter' version cut out and ready to sew this week - three quarter sleeve in a brown butterfly print with watermelon pink collar and piping. The only downfall is I have to keep popping out to the shops to pick up more invisible zips! 


The pattern is almost completely drafted and then it is on to constructing the photo tutorial.


Do you like the lighter spring version?  I will see you in a few days...I will be joining in with Mie's 'sewing for kindergarten' (I call it school), series with something I made for Isabella.

You Might Also Like

15 comments

  1. What a sweet little dress :) I have a dress that I wore as a baby, and the print is very similar to this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super pretty!! Love the clean and simple clean lines of the dress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the spring version is absolutely beautiful too! What a great birthday gift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love!! That piping is perfection. I have a sheet pretty similar to this - I think I'll hang on to it until this pattern release :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really love both versions of this dress so far!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty dress. I love the beautiful foral fabric, it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This Spring version is so so great! I love the piping... Can't wait for its release! (Or for the tester call... haha ;) )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day☼