A 'wintery' Sunday best dress and CALL FOR PATTERN TESTERS (CLOSED)

September 13, 2014


Here is the third Sunday best dress I have made - this time with no buttons, and with three quarter length sleeves.  You can see the summery version I made here, and the original dress here.


I am really pleased with how this one turned out.  I had been on the lookout for a cool butterfly (specimen style) print for a while and was really excited to find this one at Spotlight a couple of weeks ago.  I paired it with some watermelon cotton collar and piping. I love how wintery this dress can look with tights and the longer sleeves (there is also a full length sleeve option in the pattern). 

 
I wasn't sure Juliette would co-operate for photos today. As I finished up the dress I showed it to her and she said,"I don't like that dress".  I bribed her with extra pocket money and some chocolate and she decided I could twist her arm to try it on.  Then she checked herself out in the mirror and decided the dress was "beautiful". Phew.



Juliette insisted on using flowers as props so I just had to go with that.


Can you spot Juliette in this photo? If is was not for the red shoes, she could be mistaken for leaf mulch!



I must say that putting this pattern together has been an altogether more calm and enjoyable experience than making my cosi pattern.  I put myself under pressure with dates with cosi which was unnecessary.  This pattern has also come along so much more quickly and methodically with the great help of Lauren Dahl's pattern workshop course.  I love it!

My pattern will be ready for testing by the end of the weekend and I would love to know if you would like to test my new pattern? Testing will run for one week (from Monday 15 - Monday 22 September) and will take place via a facebook group.  I will notify testers by the end of the weekend via email and then testers will be invited to the tester group where they will find the test pattern and can ask questions, share photos and give feedback. Please only apply if you can fulfil these requirements and also if your child fits closely into one of the age/size bracket listed below.

If you would like to test, please fill out the application form HERE.  


Thank you!!



You Might Also Like

19 comments

  1. Winter will come soon in Canada :). I'm seriously in love with this patter, I would like to test it. Thank you, Suz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a gorgeous pattern, Suz!
    And your fabric choices are always so special!
    Good luck! I know this pattern will be a success!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a gorgeous pattern, Suz!
    And your fabric choices are always so special!
    Good luck! I know this pattern will be a success!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, gorgeous pattern, I would love to test it! I have an 18mo girl and just turned 4yo girl and I love sewing them dresses! im on Flickr erinlearnstoquilt .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops, also, since I have to post as anon. My name is Erin and my email is eseaborn@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi suz, this dress is gorgeous! I'd be glad to test for you and can meet the timing requirements. I'd be testing for my almost 2 yr old niece. She is petite however.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done Suz! All three versions are gorgeous! Juliette is so cute haha Glad she decided the dress is beautiful after all, because I like it too! A pattern that is suitable for any season is a definite winner! I am itching to put my hand up for testing too, just need to double check my calendar :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This pattern is high on my wish list! I won't be able to test this week, but I'm already looking forward to see the results!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! Love the different options, truly a dress for all seasons!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Suz - you've done it again!!!! I love it

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Suz,
    this is too beautiful. Unfortunately, my to sew list is way too big at the moment. Would have loved to test this. Well, hopefully another time! It's gorgeous!
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous new pattern Suz!
    Either version is lovely, but the sleeveless is my favorite (so far) - perfect for summer and winter months (I can picture it in corduroy with matching piping).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely dress and amazing fabric - you have such a great eye for fabrics Suz! I'm too late to sign up for testing :( Hope it goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi there! This is Karen's friend Winnie. Just realised I am too late to be a pattern tester, but I will be making this dress when the pattern comes out. It's gorgeous!

    Hope you are going great.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Leaf mulch camouflage! ha ha.
    Love the pattern and wished I'd had time available to stick my hand up for testing. Good luck with it, it looks like you're on a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks so much everyone!! Hi Winnie!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would love to test, but maybee I am to late....
    I have got three girls zo i can make size 3 8 10 years old.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day☼