My signature style//Project Run & Play

October 07, 2014


I decided to join in with the final sew along for this season of Project Run & Play.  Each season, the final week is "My signature style".  I thought it was the perfect opportunity to finish and show you this version of my new pattern - Sunday picnic dress, which I made Isabella.  Since Juliette received the last three versions (here, here and here), Isabella asked if she could have one too....um, okay!!

So what is 'my signature style'? I love vintage inspired designs and also fabrics.  I love florals, spots, piping, buttons, sweet little collars, interesting details on garments and clothes that are easy to get on and off!  So I had to pair this dress with some knee high knitted socks (from the op shop) and some red mary janes for cuteness.

How cool is the border on this print? I love that I could incorporate it onto the hemline of the dress.


Isabella was in a bit of a silly mood when I took these photos, so there are a few random poses, like the one above!


The fabric is  Cotton and Steel Mustang - Star (in Mustard) by Melody Miller.  I particularly love the note on the selvage of this fabric: "Leap and the net shall appear".  Man I love ALL the fabrics in the Cotton and Steel collection and have a few more half made into garments to show soon. I purchased the fabric from Frances at Miss Matatabi (my new favourite online fabric shop - great shipping costs to Australia compared to the US). 


Another silly pose!


The photo below has been edited with high contrast but I kind of like it so have included it too!


Are you sewing along for PR&P? You can upload your link here. And you can by the Sunday picnic dress pattern here:)

You Might Also Like

25 comments

  1. This is my favorite one yet! I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Border prints are so much fun! I love the details on this dress AND that it looks like it's easy-on--my 4 year old and I are BOTH ready for her to be able to dress herself more often!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that version is super beautiful! i love me some mustard yellow ;) and the poses of your girl are simply amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfection :) It really is :) Love all the funky poses haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favourite too so far! Love the red and yellow combination, and the shoes....I've got my Sunday picnic dress all cut out and ready to go. And it's so totally different from this one. Isn't it fascinating how one pattern can create so many different looks? Think this is why my sewing pile never ever gets any smaller!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Victoria!!! Look forward to seeing your version;))

      Delete
  6. Lovely dress. the colours and the border print are just perfect. (and that's some very impressive green spring lawn you've got going there!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is quite a job keeping our grass under control!

      Delete
  7. such a lovely dress! the whole outfit is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the vintage feel to it, the details, the crossover... She looks adorable in it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the dress - and the cute red shoes!!! And great photos too - super posing from your little model! :-)
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the vintage feel too & that border is perfectly placed. http://xoxograndma.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful dress. You certainly have succeeded in giving it a vintage feel, especially with the knee high socks and red shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. adorable!! I love that dress and the color!! I'm working on editing my photos for my signature style post right now ;o) I love this theme.. although classic boy is usually my style ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, Suz, this is amazing! This is one of the most amazing dresses I have seen in a long time! It is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Suz, this is superbe! I love the red piping and the border print! Funny note: I've also been sewing with this fabric earlier this week, so we've been using the same fabric at the same time ��

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you everyone!! Great minds An!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, this is darling! I think it's my favorite version of this dress so far- it's perfect! -e

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the dress! And your kiddo has some serious personality :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So so cute! LOVE the fabric and the pop of red!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love it! Thank you, Suz. Your little one is so adorable! And her knee-high socks are perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Adorable dress and the photo shoot looks like a lot fun. Well Done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day☼