A top for me....for a change...

November 23, 2014


Today I am taking part in an Aussie hosted series called 'Constant Change'.  It is a series hosted  by two of my lovely blogging friends - Jenya from While she was sleeping and Renee from Nearest the pin


When I first got the invitation from Jenya and Renee, I planned on starting and finishing Emily's 'big girl' quilt as she will soon be graduating from her cot into a big bed. But I did not have enough time, and instead  I decided to make something for myself for 'a change'.  


I am very used to being behind the camera but not so comfortable in front!  Juliette took some of these photos, but I needed Stefan to step in for a couple! One thing about my wardrobe that has not changed in many years and that is that I live in jeans and tops/shirts and usually a pair of ballet flats. My wardrobe is also full of quite an array of cardigans - I have had a soft spot for them since I was a teenager.  


I made this pattern up - traced from a top I already own.  It is like a smart T- shirt.  There is a curved hemline which dips down further at the back.  the back has a small yoke and the neckline is faced. The fabric is a lovely linen blend from Miss Matatabi. This particular print is not longer available, but you can see another colourway here. I have worn this shirt two days in a row and it feels really nice to wear something I have made.  


Thank you Jenya and Renee for the inspiration and for having me!!

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. The top is lovely, and it suits you well. It looks comfortable, and a little more... hm... what's the word... special than a regular tee-shirt. Love the fabric! It is nice to see you in front of the camera for a change ;) Thank you for participating in the series :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this top Suz! Just the sort of thing I would live in too. Lovely fabric. Thanks so much for joining our little series x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful top. I don't sew a lot for myself either, but sometimes it's really good to do so. At least I can wear those things for a much longer time than my kids do...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun to see you doing some sewing for yourself. Looks like the perfect top for the weather you are currently having.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, Suz, you just couldn't be cuter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post, lot of good links to great information! I must add, having a good chat support for your website can make a huge difference in your sales process!
    obat penggugur kandungan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day☼