A Lotta skirt for me

February 28, 2015


In December last year, my friend Marte from Compagnie M, asked if I would like to sew up one of her newer patterns (Thank you Marte!!).  I love Marte's designs and I decided I would like to make something for myself, so I chose the lovely Lotta skirt. This skirt sat half made in my overflowing 'to finish' basket, until a few days ago when I finally finished it off.


If you have not already seen this pattern, the Lotta skirt features a gathered front and back with a thick waistband, sweet turnover pockets and closes with an invisible zip at the back.  The pattern includes instructions to fully line the skirt or to leave it unlined, depending on your fabric and season.  This skirt is not lined.


I bought the fabric for this skirt about three and a half years ago and first intended it for Isabella's 'big girl' quilt.  I didn't end up using it in her quilt and thought it would be perfect in a skirt for me! It is "innocent crush" by Anna Maria Horner. Her prints are beautifully bright and big. The pocket linings are just a pink cotton and the buttons I covered with cream calico.


The skirt is very flattering I think and I love the fit and the big waistband.  I don't remember which size I cut but it fits me well!

Isabella took these photos of me and asked me to do some silly poses hence the gem below (clothes hanging in the background in case you didn't see).


If you are not familiar with Marte's blog and patterns, please head over to Compagnie M to be inspired.  Marte lives in Belgium and has just launched her patterns in paper also.  They look amazing!! Did you hear that she will be transforming her gorgeous girls' Louisa dress pattern into womens' sizes too? How cool - I can't wait to make one and my sister has also put in an order based on Juliette's Louisa dress!

Here is my now updated 'to finish' list:
  • A Lotta skirt for me from some bold Anna Maria Horner floral
  • A Nani Iro summer dress for Juliette (finished but not blogged)
  • A teddy for a new baby here
  • A three quarter sleeve version of this design
  • An artistic representation of this top
  • A dress adaptation of my Little Betty top pattern
  • A recycled Sunday picnic dress for Emily
  • A bed quilt for Emily
Meanwhile, I have added two more things to my to sew list - a dress and doll for Emily's third birthday this week!!

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. sooo lovely ! and I love the white buttons !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this skirt! Looks like you ladies had a lot of fun taking photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful skirt! And beautiful pictures as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful. A real good mood skirt. So bright and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful skirt you've made! I love the fabric you used.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Skirt looks great! And wow, can't believe Emily is turning 3 already! No wonder she comes out with some beauties.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you everyone. I like it:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful skirt! I love those little pocket flap details!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You win for best poses! This skirt is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Look at you so thin and tan! The skirt looks awesome on you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day☼