Seven

July 27, 2015


We celebrated Isabella's seventh birthday this weekend. I can't believe she is so grown up!  Naturally, on your childrens' birthdays you reflect back to the day they were born.  Probably the biggest highlight of my life was the moment Isabella came into the world! I made her a Jaanu dress for her birthday. 



This pattern is new and by the talented An from StraightGrain in collaboration with another Belgian blogger - Twee emerkes water.  It has two views.  Regina designed the Elena view, whilst An designed the Norah view. This view is the Norah view which features six box pleats, a separate front and back yoke and short sleeves.  It closes with an invisible zipper at the back.



I loved these pink dresses An made with the bows, so I added some too.


I made size six for Issie.  She is very petite and I could have gotten away with making a size five with extended length, but his way, she will be able to wear it next year too.  The fabric I used is a Buzoku Duck (cotton canvas) which I picked up for $4 a metre (bargain) at my local Spotlight. I have always liked it and when I saw it on sale, I bought a metre and half for 'I don't know what yet'.  The Jaanu pattern suits this type of fabric perfectly and allows the pleats to keep their shape nicely.


The Jaanu pattern is awesome.  I think the side seam box pleats must have been a head spin to draft - well done An!  The fit is great and the instructions are fantastic.


Isabella had a lovely birthday weekend, celebrating with cousins and family, lollies, new toys, birthday cake and a movie night with popcorn. Thank you Issie for filling our lives with so much happiness and love!


You can buy the Jaanu pattern here.

You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. i love those dots on that dress! Looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy B'Day Issie :) It must have been a very special day for you Suz :) Congrats. Issie's mew dress is so lovely! Little bows are a perfect detail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waw Suz, this dress is amazing! I love your fabric choice, and how beautifully finished it is. And I feel so honored that you used our little pattern to make her birthday dress. :-) A very happy birthday, dear Isabella! Your mom is awesome! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day☼