A new dress design

April 30, 2016


After I published Miss Polly I sewed up a prototype of a new design I had been planning in my head for a while. You may have seen a couple of sneak peeks on instagram. I finished this dress a few weeks ago and Juliette has already had lots of wear it out of it. I am really pleased with how the first version turned out. 



The dress features a split bodice with piped seams, an optional pleated yoke, gathered skirt and a continuation of the piping to create curved pockets. This version features small rectangular sleeves.


I purchased the fabric for this dress from my local patchwork shop - Periwinkle's patchwork. The main fabric is called 'Sonnet' by Victoria Findlay Wolfe. I found it in the $5 per metre section so snapped it up. I can't find it online to link here. The pink accent colour is so pretty and is called Sprinkle in Peaches by Cotton and Steel. You can buy it online here


There is also the option of having a tie - which can be tied at the front or back of the dress.


The back can be made regular or with a feminine V.


There will also be the option of a larger gathered sleeve.  This dress is  a more eveloped version of this dress - which does not have the split bodice but is the same basic shape and also has the V back and tie but has the bigger sleeves. I am trying out a peplum top version of the pattern at the moment too. So if that is successful, the pattern will be for a dress and top. 




Let me know what you think? I am considering calling it "Forget me not"...

You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. Suz, I looove it! Looks great! I also see a Romper version in it too! What do you say?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks maarika! I don't know how she would get in and out from a romper?

      Delete
  2. You are great at thinking out of the box! Your style is unique yet customisable to everyones own taste. I am sewing Miss Polly right now, she's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful dress, you have a great and unique style, which I love! Also like the fabric very much! Looking forward to the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you did it again Suz! I love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. waaaauuw, this looks beautifull and I think there will be something in it for everybody with all the options...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! You have a great eye for details!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've made a pretty dress, but I'm going to stick my neck out and say it's got too much going on. The square lines of the bodice, the curved pockets and the triangular back all clash a bit (in my humble opinion).
    I love the V back and the bow, and to me, the simpler dress design that you started with (the cat toy one) is a much more appealing pattern.
    But hey, it's not like i need to buy more patterns so feel free to ignore me! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. People can choose which elements they want to include in their dress. There will be the option for the plainest view too😀

      Delete
  8. It is so beautiful! With a lots of details who becomes an special dress.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day☼