Made for Sara

October 12, 2016


Today I am joining in with a little surprise for the birth of a baby.  Sara (from Made by Sara) is a lovely lady who blogs lovely things from her home in Portugal.  She has just welcomed her fourth child.... a baby boy.  Another lovely blogger - Victoria from As it seams (based in the UK), thought up the idea to surprise Sara with some baby gifts from around the world to welcome her new boy. Sara makes beautiful clothes - mostly for her two daughters.  She has sewn up all three of my dress patterns. You can see her Sunday picnic dress here, her Dear Prudence dress here and her Miss Polly dress here! Thank you Sara!



I have been very busy lately with teaching work and also drafting my new pattern, so I needed a quick project that would be useful, look good and be easy to send to Portugal.  I decided to make Sara and her baby boy a reversible big cushion cover. I envisage that this cushion may be useful on a feeding chair in baby's room or one day on his bed...Emily has tested it for cuddlability and it passes the test!


I chose both fabrics from Spotlight. They are both cotton duck fabric. The arrows print is a new print in Spotlight, while the deer has been a favourite of mine for years. I made mint piping to accent the black and white.


I also tried something new with this cushion - I incorporated the invisible zip into the piped seam at the bottom of the cushion. See if you can spot the zip end in photo #3? This way the zip is very disguised. I am really happy with this method and will use it for future cushion covers. I made a 50 x 50 cm cushion cover - I hope cushion sizes are international!!


Congratulations Sara! I hope you love all your gifts and enjoy today's surprise!

Make sure to check out all the other baby creations from these lovely bloggers....And thank you Victoria for co-ordinating all of this! You are very kind.


You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. Cute pix of Emily! And a lovely gift. It's so lovely to have made something which baby won't grow out of! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Victoria and thanks for organising!

      Delete
  2. Black, white and mint, you can't do anything wrong with that combination! I'd love to receive a present like that so I can imagine Sara must be very very happy. Belgian pillows have a size 50x50 as well, so I suppose they're quite universal! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the print/colour combo Suz. Bravo on that zipper insertion! Is it the right word? I hope you know what I mean! Love the cover, and I am sure Sara and her little bub will enjoy it also :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great fabric choice and colour combinations. I'm inspired. Now i'm thinking about making some for my home. I love what you made. Are you sure you don't want to keep it? It goes perfectly with your chair and wallpaper ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Olu. Yes it does match a little too well!!

      Delete
  5. Such a nice color combination, I love that pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day☼