Issie....dress!

October 19, 2017


I am sharing my third blog post for the week (unheard of!) to share another make with the Issie top pattern. Guess what? You can easily transform the Issie top in to an Issie dress! The existing pattern features the option of  a top with straight side seams and waistband as well as a top with slightly flared side seams.  This dress here was made by extending the side seam angle and adding around 30cm of length to the top hemline. The pattern instructions contains a table to instruct you by how much you need to lengthen your top to make a dress.  And doesn't it work well as a dress? Isabella adores stretchy clothes so I hope she will get lots of wear out of this dress now that the weather is warming up. 

I used the Rose collar again and made the dress in a lovely combed jersey I found at Spotlight in the clearance rack for $5 per metre. I am not sure who designed it. Isabella has already decided she will wear this dress on Christmas day!

We decided to take photos in front of our old shed for the past couple of photo shoots as it gives a nice neutral backdrop (I hope) for photos....despite the rust!


Some sewers have been asking me if the Issie top pattern will be translated into Dutch, as have many of my other patterns.  The good news is that, yes! The pattern  is currently being translated by my kind friend Anke.  Thank you Anke!!!  


Thank you to everyone who has purchased the pattern already! I can't wait to see some Issie top love popping up around sewing land!  I hope you are as excited as I am about an Issie tour beginning this coming Monday too!! Lots of amazing inspiration to be enjoyed! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day☼