SEWPONY THRIFT

May 01, 2018



Hello there! Today is the first of May which means many things....one of those things is that it is time for a new sew along here at sewpony, brought to you by the sewpony team.  Last month, the sewpony sewing series theme was #sewponyhack.  Many great entries were entered over on IG by simply tagging a sewpony creation with the hash tag.  You may remember the two sensational garments that kicked things off for April made by Daisy and Mijke.  These two ladies have reviewed the April entries and decided upon Irina's lovely Juliette dress hack as the sewpony hack winner!  Congratulations Irina! See her entry here.



So, for the month of May, the theme will be #sewponythrift.   As many of you will know, I really do love to sew with thrifted fabric.  Around a third of my fabric stash is made up of fabric I have found at my local op shops.  The money I spend on these fabrics is but loose change, and it goes towards people in need.  It also recycles fabric that could otherwise end up in land fill.  I find it incredibly rewarding to make something beautiful from a piece of fabric unwanted by it's original owner.  Today I am sharing two fabulous sewpony thrift examples made by  Qwinta and Audrey.

Qwinta made an amazing dress using the tic tac toe dress using her mother in law's kitchen towels! She spent only change on a zip!  While Audrey made a cosy Catherine cardigan for her sweet little daughter from a recycled sweater of hers!! Fabulous! Head over to these ladies blogs to see more!

I hope you are inspired to sew along this month.  There is a great prize that you can see over on my IG page too!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day☼