Orchid Parasol jumpsuit

October 04, 2018


Over the past couple of weeks I have been involved in some pattern testing.  Gabriela from Chalk and Notch has just released the Orchid Midi dress pattern.  Not only is this pattern amazing, but it can also combine with an another newly released pattern - the Parasol trousers/jumpsuit by Celina from Ensemble Patterns.  Gabriela and Celina have been working hard behind the scenes for many weeks creating two unique patterns that can compliment each other by mix and matching the bodice/sleeve/skirt and pants/shorts options.  



For my suit, I combined the Orchid bodice and flutter sleeves with the full length Parasol pants.  I have to tell you...I love it! I love jumpsuits full stop after I wore my first one last year for my 40th birthday party.  They are such a fun garment to wear and I really feel special wearing them.


I am so pleased with how my Orchid x Parasol jumpsuit turned out.  It is a flattering cut but is still modest. I sewed it up in a pretty rayon I purchased at Spotlight a few weeks back.  I sewed up a straight size 4 US (8 AUS) and it fits very well on although is hard to get off.  When I make my next one I will raise the rise of the pants and/or lengthen the bodice by 2cm.  This will make it easier to get off.  I made no change to the length of the pants and I think they sit just at the right spot.  I am 168cm tall (sorry I am not a feet and inches girl).


You can buy both patterns at a discount currently.  Currently they are on sale as a bundle which will only be for a short time.  Head over to Chalk and Notch and Ensemble patterns for all the discount details and to see more lovely versions of these two lovely patterns.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day☼