Roar

August 11, 2019


The weather in my part of the world the past few weeks has been cold, wet and dreary.  Today was a perfect day for some sewing.  The girls were happily playing lego and setting up a café in the kitchen while my Mum and I spent some time sewing in my sewing room.  


Emily spent some of her pocket money yesterday at Spotlight on this gorgeous tiger iron on transfer.  I told her I would make her a new top for it to go on.  I was lucky yesterday to also find this pretty apricot stretch jersey at the op shop - the perfect match for the sweet little tiger.  I used my Issie pattern.  This is a size 7 (I usually make Emily a size 6) so it is a bit roomy but will fit her next year too.




The soft mustard ribbing is from Lincraft and is super stretchy.  I had to adapt the width of the ribbed pattern pieces so that it wasn't too floppy.  I love sewing up the Issie top - it's so easy.  I made this top entirely with my overlocker.  I only top stitched the neckband seam with my regular sewing machine.


Emily was soooo happy with her new top! I asked if I could take some photos of her inside (due to the cold weather outside).  She asked if we could go outside instead because she wanted better photos!  The pose below is her own creation! Love it!!


You can find more Issie inspiration by searching these hashtags on Instagram: #issietop #issiepattern

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day☼