A pattern laying dormant produces a gorgeous top!

February 08, 2011


I bought this fabric a while back from Spotlight. I was surprised how 'unspotlightish' it looked! I also bought the blue stripe for the pants and envisaged a matching little outfit. I made the pants a while ago and stole some of the red for a pocket on the back. I was looking through my old patterns and found this sweet little cross over top which suits the fabric really well. The top took me no more than 45 minutes to make - will definitely have to make some more. Little effort for maximum effect! That's what I like.


Details:
Pattern -  Butterick 5493 (Size small)
Fabric -   70 cm of  red and cream cotton print; 70cm pink print - both from Spotlight.
Bits and bobs - 2 Recycled buttons

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. love your work Suz. Your blog is stunning! xx love Juzzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sewing is so good Suz! I really like that cross over top, hmmm a grown ups version would be pretty cool xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh great I've got that pattern, and have been meaning to make it for ages... don't have any little ones nowadays... but there's always plenty of babies being born. have you made the duds too??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello mchats. Yes have made the pants but a while ago - they are cute. Overalls are cute too. I found the sizing weird with this pattern though. I made the small size which is meant to fit around 9-12 month old and found that it was too gapey around the arms of my little bub - that's why it turned into a top for my 2 1/2 year old. thanks for looking!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day☼