Baby Indianna's quilt

March 09, 2011

Our lovely friends Karen and Naresh welcomed their beautiful baby Indianna to the world on Saturday. I have been making this quilt in secret and could not wait to give it to Indianna and Karen.  It is my first attempt at machine quilting and was oh so much quicker than hand quilting!! I will definitely do some more machine quilting in the future as you get to see the end result so much faster and you run less of a risk of losing interest in your quilt by spending so many hours on the couch with the hoop, needle and thread (although I also enjoyed this...).

Baby Indianna - 4 days old, with big sister Alia



The pattern is from Quilts Baby book - although I swapped the layout from landscape to profile as I think it suits the 'steps' better this way...


Fabrics are assorted from stash, Spotlight and even an ancient piece from Bali that I bought about 10 years ago! I think it's a lovely soft and feminine quilt (oops Naresh, Karen did let the gender secret out!).

If you want to check out one serious, prolific and beautiful quilter, check out Cluck, Cluck, Sew

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. You are a superstar Suz =) Thank-you so much for this amazing gift - full of beauty and made with love!! It is now the centre piece of our little haven xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very welcome Karen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a special gift for a new baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, it is just so beautiful. What a lucky baby Indianna is. I bet this is something that she treasures forever. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's such a lovely feeling giving a handmade present to a friend when they have a baby isn't it. i love it. thanks for popping by.

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous photo of you and quilt, Suz. Congratulations, Karen and Naresh. All the best in Wa. Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful, special gift. A labor of love for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome quilt, I'm super new to quilting but am obsessed! Thanks for the blog comment - the deer fabric you asked about is my own design, available in my easy shop.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day☼