Meet Coccinelle the softie

March 30, 2011


Meet "Coccinelle" my latest little softie.  I found a sweet button on a blog the other day that is essentially a toy drive for children affected by the earthquake in Christchurch.  The incentive is being organised by a blogger in New Zealand.  You can check her out here.  I set to work at 9.40 pm to design and make a softie! 

An hour and half later Coccinelle was born!

She is made from brown wool and scraps from my scrap basket.  Her face is linen.  I incorporated the selvage from the body fabric onto the pocket as it was too sweet to throw out!  Thus her name, Coccinelle.

Pictured here getting a hug from Juliette in her favourite spot in the house - on the bookshelf!
Hopefully the first of many hugs from a special child across the seas.

If you are interested in being involved, just click on the softies button on the right side of my page.

You Might Also Like

24 comments

  1. Gorgeous Suz! She is so sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is gorgeous - would love to see if you made an alphabet quilt - I do love to share!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is cute & it looks like Juliette loves her too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tooooo cute!!!! Can i add her to my Dolly Donations blog? I know everyone will love to see her :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Divine. How could you not love Cocinelle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful, she is sure to be adored.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like you might have to make her a twin ;-)
    I love the blue and brown together, very cuddly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful little softie! Love the colours, I'm sure she will be loved!

    ReplyDelete
  9. coccinelle is just too sweet! Good on you - she will be a tough one to let go it seems!

    ReplyDelete
  10. She's such a cutie and will be loved for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow -this is really awesome!Love the cute doll!! Sending my thoughts to the little children of Cristchurch..especially as I visited the beautiful NZ in '90.Have a nice day! Eva Sweden

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sooo sweet, so easy to love! Gorgeous blue print.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's so cute! And what a great cause!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous! And what a perfect name!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That toy will be so cherished! How lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  16. just GORGEOUS! VERY CUTE! i love softies.!
    new follower.
    hugs
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day☼