My quilts

March 28, 2011

Quilt number 1: The ten year itch


This was my first ever quilt.  It keeps us warm in the winter time.  It was a pull out over winter project which I started when I was nineteen.  Fast forward ten years and I finished it! Talk about losing motivation. It is machine pieced and hand quilted (225 squares).  These are not colours I would choose today but it still has a nice 'country/homemade' feel to it.

Quilt number 2:  Isabella's baby quilt


I started this quilt when I was only nine weeks pregnant with Isabella.  Pattern is my own and fabrics are from Patchwork on Central Park.  She has outgrown it now as she has progressed to a bed. But it sits folded on her chair in the corner of her room.  Machine pieced and hand quilted.

Quilt number 3:  Juliette's baby quilt


This quilt was also started while I was pregnant (and didn't know the sex).  I chose the colour scheme of orange, green and brown as I thought this was pretty safe. Pattern is from Homespun magazine and fabrics are from Patchwork on Central Park. Machine pieced and hand quilted.

Quilt number 4:  Indianna's baby quilt


This quilt was made for my friend Karen's baby - Indianna. It is my first attempt at machine quilting. Pattern is from Quilts Baby book and fabrics are from various places!

Quilts to come: Isabella's bed quilt, ...?

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. wow, these quilts are all gorgeous, good on you for finishing the big one. i always feel so good when i finish of projects i've been sitting on a long time. hope your monday is lovely.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the quilts, projects like that are timeless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, these look great. you've done such a wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm first comment went missing, ugh computers, give me a sewing machine any day! love the quilts. Just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found your blog.
    Your work is lovely and the quilts are so colorful.

    SEW beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day☼