When we were young: Looking back, looking forward

September 15, 2013

 
I really enjoyed hosting my series, When we were young.  If you have not heard of it before, it was a series where guests chose a photo of themselves in an outfit from their childhood and re-created it for their daughter now.  You can read the introductory post here.  The series included lovely stories of guests' childhoods and the creations were all amazing.  I was lucky to have 12 lovely guest bloggers from Australia, USA, Belgium, Portugal and Denmark. 

Take a look.....
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Week   7: Cherie from you&mie
 
 


 
 
Week 13: Me

Aren't they fantastic?  I love them all...and I received so many positive and lovely comments from readers and guests and was sad as the series was drawing to a close.  After receiving some encouraging comments from one of my guests, Sarah, who suggested I keep the series going indefinitely, I started to ponder.... perhaps I could?  Of course, not on a weekly basis, but maybe once per month??
 
So, a When we were young announcement!!!

On the 13th of each month (because the 13th was the day I was born...November), a surprise guest blogger will pop up her at sewpony to continue the When we were young series.  I have also been thinking about hosting a sew - along/"linky party" (I am reluctant to use that term...but that's what they're called, right?).   This would then open the series up to anyone who would like to participate in recreating an outfit from their childhood.  The linky party/sew along, would probably not be for a few months as people need time to hunt through photos and I need time to organise the ins and outs...and perhaps some prizes!!

So start hunting guys!! Find that treasure of an outfit you wore when you were young and save it somewhere safe...and stay tuned...I will post more about the sew along as I make progress on it...Feel free to join my When we were young flickr pool if you are keen to sew along.

I have my first few months guests lined up and can't wait to see what they make.  My next guest will be here on OCTOBER 13TH!!!

So what do you think?? Will you sew along?

 
 

You Might Also Like

24 comments

  1. Oh that's so exciting! Although all (3) of my baby pictures are of me wearing winter outfits, so I have to really think about this! I'm really glad to hear you are continuing the series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks alisa! Hopefully you can find something you would like to recreate :)

      Delete
  2. I'd love to sew-along. Now that we've moved back to our home province close to my mom, I've got access to all the old photo albums. Count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! I loved this series, so happy to hear you are continuing it! Now to dig through some old pictures....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this series and I'll definitely be sewing along! I even already have a picture in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see the upcoming posts, this series was amazing. Thanks for having me, again!

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've really enjoyed this series! I had a plan to sew along, and then I went digging with my mom and found the originals! Since they actually fit my daughter now I didn't jump on remaking them. So cool.

    But then I found more photos :) I'd love to participate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've enjoyed this series so much I am over the moon it is going to continue :) Will definitely sew along :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks guys!! Excited to hear we already have some keen sew alongers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay this was such a fun series, looking forward to seeing new WWWY posts pop up each month!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay awesome idea!! I'm totally up for a sew along. I can't promise it will be any good though, haha I'm just new to all this business ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so excited by this news! I loved the series and cannot wait for the 13th now :) I'll have to think of something for the flikr group too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This has really been one of my favorite series ever. I've loved seeing what each person recreated, and it's so fun to see the mom/child pics!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Suz, that's such a good idea! I'll definitely be taking part in it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Count me in too! There was lots of smocking in my early 80s wardrobe so I may have a new skill to learn.....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Suz! I'm excited about this series continuing! And I just found an old picture of myself and was thinking about making something similar for my daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have loved this series - its really been fun to see the old and the new. So glad its continuing on.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm in! I will be digging through old albums tonight. I can recall wearing a dress for my 4th birthday that is almost identical to your Debbie dress pattern... which I own of course. Perfect!

    Natalie @ La gang à Nat
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can't wait to see the upcoming series. I love this one so much!!
    Thanks for having me, again!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day☼