Blue button top

March 19, 2011


My 'pensive' little 2 1/2 year old reading an empty notebook...and wearing a little t-shirt I recycled. I chopped up a top of mine as I couldn't remove the stain from under the collar. Usually it would go straight to the rag bag, but now that I have 'blog brain' I thought, "I could recycle it!"  
I just used another of Isabella'stops and traced around it. I didn't take the sleeves in, but gathered them at the top. They were still too big, thus the cute button tucks. The existing top of mine is pictured below. I love recycling!

                                                                      

Note: this post is also just an excuse to put this picture of Isabella up because I love it.

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. What a good job, love the little buttons on the sleeves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi suz,
    this is the quilt I was telling you I LOVED!

    http://comfortstitching.typepad.co.uk/comfortstitching/2009/11/blocky-tutorial.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Suz, what a beautiful of Isabella. That colour blue really suits her. Your blog is blossoming. Mum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of an old shirt! I really like the button detail.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day☼