A book bag

March 21, 2011


Here is my latest sewing project.  A book bag for Isabella to take to the library and fill with goodness.  I accidently bought too much calico recently and was wondering what I should do with it.  I also made one for Isabella's little friend for her second birthday. The letters are fused in place with double sided vyalene (spelling?) and then I used a small and tight zig zag around the outside. The exterior is calico and the interior is a mauve striped cotton. Two layers are necessary to make sure the bag is strong enough. I also double stitched around the top of the bag to reinforce the straps.


The little orange spotted patch is a small pocket for Mummy's library card.  I always find that I am fumbling around at the library counter with toddler, baby, pram, books and then I am fossicking through my bag trying to find the card.  The finished bag is approximately 35 x 45 cm.


You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Lucky Isabella, Suz. I can imagine quite a few different variations on this bag, if you still have spare calico. Little storage bags for toys and softies and what not. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have such a thing for totes! You can never have too many!! It turned out so cute. I love how you added the pocket inside :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's adorable! And I'm the same way about fumbling for that card at check out, love your simple and practical pocket solution...now, if I can just remember to put it there before we leave! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have inspired me to make a tote as well. I love the colours you have used. Good idea for the little library card pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful book bag.... Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day☼