Little birdie

March 25, 2011


This little dress is still one of my favourites. I made it for Isabella's second birthday last year and it has recently come back to me (after being worn by two other lovely little girls since). It was quite a small fit for her when she was two so will probably be just right for Juliette this winter. It was an ultra easy dress to make and has worn really well.


Details:
Pattern - traced from another pinafore; bird design is original
Fabric - 60 cm of green velveteen corduroy, 30 cm floral print facing, scraps for applique
Bits and bobs - double sided fusible vyalene, two buttons, small button for bird's eye



You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. I can see why it's one of your favourites, it's gorgeous. I love the green and the bird is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the bird, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I made a very similar pinafore dress for my daughter with flowers appliquéd on one side. These are so easy to make and embellish for that personal touch. Think I'll get some green cord now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet! And so nice that your handmade dress has been worn by so many other little girls too.

    www.sewrayme.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. great job suse, chloe loved wearing this! trines x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day☼