My skirt

October 25, 2012


Photos of me don't feature highly on my blog...I mostly sew for my kids but have decided to start trying to sew a bit more for myself too (if I can find the time).  This is me in a skirt I made this week. 


I didn't use a pattern - just traced it from a skirt I have and made it shorter and added these cool pockets.  The idea was inspired by this skirt I have pinned on one of my boards.
 
The stretch denim is from The Fabric Store and is nice and comfy.  I am vowing to wear more skirts and dresses this spring and summer instead of my staple outift - jeans and fitted stretch top!
 
Linking up here today.

You Might Also Like

19 comments

  1. Gorgeous Suz! I'd love to sew a few things for myself but I have no confidence. My body shape has changed so much since I had my kids that I'm intimidated just shopping for clothes, so making them is even scarier. Love the skirt though, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great Suz - really flattering! I bought the Amy Butler Barcelona Skirt pattern last season and am working up the courage to attack it and hopefully end up with something wearable - fingers crossed. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats gorgeous, i love those shades of green and blue together, and the pockets are ace! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Suz,it looks great. I have also seen that skirt on Pinterest and I have saved the link to make one also. I love the colours you have used too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a great job and it looks fabulous.
    Stretch denim sounds very comfy -I'm a bit like you I tend to live in jeans and tshirts, oh well, they are practical.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great skirt - it reminded me immediately of one I recently pinned - yep, same one as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a skirt like that on my Pinterest board with the great contrast pockets. I must get round to making it, love your version!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The skirt looks great as do you! Love the pockets.:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i think it's great! the pockets are ace :)sarah

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute skirt! I love the pockets!
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done Suz! The fit seems perfect, and I too am in love with the pockets :) Good luck with the comp :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day☼