A dress for Isabella

December 07, 2012


I have been sewing a few bits and pieces getting ready for Christmas.  I decided just to make the girls one thing each.  Isabella will be getting this dress. The pattern is from Ottobre magazine (Three way dress, 3/2009) one I have used a few times and is very easy.  I haven't been happy with the ribbon tie through the neckline on previous dresses as you have to keep adjusting the placement of the sleeves.  This time I threaded elastic through the neckline and just added the ribbon bow afterwards.  This also makes it easier to put on and take off.

The floral fabric was on the $5 per metre clearance table at spotlight.  Bargain.  I looked for matching royal blue ribbon but couldn't find any, so decided to jump on the neon bandwagon and add some pink.  The fluroescence doesn't really show up in the photo but will appease my pink loving 4 year old!
 
I am hoping to sew Juliette some stripey bathers and a poppy doll for Emily (as well as her Santa sack for her first Christmas!).
 
Here is a photo of Juliette taken a year ago in the last three way dress I made.  She actually wore it today with some flares as a top!  They are growing too fast!
 
 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day☼