Some sewing

December 13, 2012


These bathers are Juliette's handmade gift from us for Christmas.  I'm really happy with how they turned out and can't wait to see them on her.  I have adjusted the leg line at the front since this pic and made the whole front gusset section narrower as I was being a bit hesitant to cut too much originally.  I actually just traced them from an old pair of Isabella's.  There is no elastic in the legs, I just used the lycra as binding at about half stretch.  I bought the stripey lycra from Rathdowne Remnants - they have a great lycra and stretch collection.


I whipped up these little Christmas bibs for Emily and her little (big) cousin Poppy (little/big because she is older than Emily but little to me!).  The old fashioned Christmas prints are from Spotlight - purchased as single fat quarters.  I made some bunting with the leftovers which is hanging on our mantle piece (but didn't photograph well).

 
Bib backs.
 
Emily's poppy doll is in progress. This is the seventh one I have made!  I just have to finish the hand stitching and then dream up her little outfit.  I have also promised to make Isabella a pink dress as she is slightly lacking in the dress department since she is growing too fast.  The benefit of having three girls is that my hard work at the sewing machine gets loved three times!  Juliette is in dress heaven with her own dresses and Issie's hand-me-downs.


Our matchbox Christmas calendar is up again...I can't believe they all survived in tact from last year! 

I am linking up here today after a bit of a hiatus. What are you making for Christmas?
 
 

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Thanks so much for coming by my blog and leaving me a comment! Love your bibs and the advent calender, so cute!

    S x

    ReplyDelete
  2. học kế toán tại thanh xuân
    khoá học kế toán thuế
    học kế toán tại long biên
    luyện thi toeic
    trung tâm đào tạo kế toán tại nghệ an
    học kế toán tại cầu giấy
    Chương 137 NHĨ THÔI THA NHƯỢNG ĐỊNH NỮ HOÀNG

    Dịch: workman
    Biên tập: Hoa hồng
    Nguồn: Tàng thư viện


    Một mình năm ả tố nga
    Ngai vàng đùn đẩy chẳng ma nào thèm
    Sắc lang dẫn dụ chị em
    Mười ngày đành gật về bem cô nàng


    Ba ngày sau, Khải Sắt Lâm và Khải Lợi thần sắc đau thương đi tới Thiên
    Long thành. Tra Lí mặc dù đã từng trục xuất các nàng khỏi hoàng thất,
    nhưng dù sao một giọt máu đào hơn ao nước lã, Tra Lí đột nhiên băng hà,
    thân là con ruột của Tra Lí, các nàng là con gái tự nhiên cũng rất đau
    khổ. Hai vị giai nhân vừa thấy Đoạn Vân đã nhào tới, nước mắt thương tâm
    chảy đầm đìa. Rồi gặp lại mẫu hậu của các nàng những giọt lệ lại một lần
    nữa lã chã cả khuôn mặt hoa, đau xót đến chết đi sống lại.


    trung tâm kế toán tại cầu giấy
    học kế toán tại bình dương
    tiếng anh cho người mới bắt đầu
    trung tâm kế toán tại đà nẵng
    học kế toán ở đồng nai

    http://kylin1st.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day☼