Kid's Clothes Week - Day One

April 22, 2013


I decided to get back into the sewing this week, and just in time for Kid's Clothes Week.  I took part in Elsie Marley's sewing challenge last October and found it a great motivator to get heaps of sewing done as well as a great way to uncover some great blogs.  The idea is that you sew for your children (or others'!) for one hour a day for one week..

 
The first thing I have sewn for the week is the Sunday Brunch Skirt by Oliver & S.  I have made this skirt a few times and think it is such a cute little pattern.  Simple, sweet and comfy.  I had just enough heart printed denim left over from my Perennial Dress.  I teemed it with a sweet 1930's reproduction print for the pocket linings and I used orange top stitching for a bit of interest.


Cute!

Project details:
Pattern - Oliver & S Sunday Brunch skirt
Materials - heart printed denim from Spotlight, 1930's reproduction print
Cost - about $7 worth of fabric
Time taken - one hour
For the rest of the week I am hoping to sew a winter jacket for Emily, some comfy jeans for Isabella as well as recycling a couple of my tops into some sweet long sleeved ones for Juliette.  If I am super efficient, I might manage to make a Perennial dress for my niece's birthday and Isabella this Burda dress

Are you taking part in Kid's Clothes Week?  What are you making??

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. LOVE that skirt - I'll be checking out that pattern for sure! Where did you get the printed denim?

    I've gone a bit crazy on flannelette and fleece for KCW - I'm doing some winter hoodie vests for both girls and I just finished a Oliver & S winter cozy hat and a long sleeved tee for Lucy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi ros! The denim was from spotty in bayswater-quite a trek!

      Delete
  2. Glad you are back. What a super cute skirt! I just bought that pattern yesterday. I have not doing KCW before and wanted to this week. It just isn't a good week for me to do it (I'm getting over a bad cold, it will be daughter's birthday, and I have non clothing sewing to finish up for her big day). I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute skirt! Looking forward to seeing what else you're going to sew up.....
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable! I have no skirts on my KCW agenda... I need to add one, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a classic pattern, and of course issue looks adorable, I love kcw

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Spotty in Bayswater is HUGE! I went there a few weeks ago and I nearly got lost!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day☼