KCW: Polka dots and a bit of bling!

October 23, 2013


I finished this little ensemble yesterday for Isabella - some polka dot leggings and straw yellow raglan top with some sequin shoulder bling!  I pinned this image a while ago and decided to use pinterest as my inspiration this week for Kids' Clothes Week to make some clothes for my girls. 


I traced the leggings from a pair Isabella already had.  I used my overlocker for the main sewing, only using my machine for the leg hems and waistband.  I added some ribbon bows and buttons to the bottom of the leggings for fun.


The yellow knit is super soft and I had some sequined fabric in my stash which I ruffled to create some fun on the top.  My machine did not like the sequins though and a bit of hand stitching was involved to gather the pieces.  I'm talking super fast not too neat hand-stitching.


Isabella loves both of these pieces and happily wore them off to kinder yesterday.  She loves wearing leggings with skirts so I know the leggings in particular will get a lot of wear.  The fabric for both items is from Rathdowne Fabrics in Brunswick, Melbourne (the best supply of stretch fabric I have found in Melbourne).  They have heaps of stretch - mainly in plain colours, but they also have a lot of print lycras.  The leggings have a cotton lycra feel to them and are super stretchy.
 
 
Joining in with Kids' Clothes Week this week!

You Might Also Like

19 comments

  1. What a fun bright outfit :) Love the little bows on leggings, and hand sewing those sequins was so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! I should make a shirt like that for Ania, she loves everything that involves bling-bling. :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmm thinking I need another trip to Rathdowne!!! Maybe we need a blogger meet up there one day lol

    This outfit is super super super cute. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. adorable!!!!! I love yellow and blue together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super sweet! I love the bows in the leggings and the sequin ruffles are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh too cute!! i love that first picture, great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute, my granddaughter would love this with ruffles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. *ugh* Sewing sequins is a pain in the pa-tootie! I am crazy for the shirt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the bows, too cute!! The whole outfit is adorable :o) Emily@nap-timecreations

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute!! Love this outfit. I once had tried sewing sequin.. that was the nightmare. Love the color combination :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore the ruffles on the shirt! And the polka dot leggings are just too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute outfit! Love the sequins.

    ReplyDelete
  13. really cute leggings! love the button detail. thanks for sharing were you got your fabrics from; I've been hunting for cotton knits with cute prints and have been lucking out big time! What I've found at my local spottie has been very limited, and anything I see that like on the internet is waaay too expensive. Might have to make a trip into Melbs :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the shoulder sequins...so cute! So in love with your fence too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a gorgeous outfit! Fun and practical at the same time :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day☼