A skater dress

August 05, 2014

Jess from The Sewing Rabbit contacted me last month asking if I was interested in contributing a pattern to the August Pattern Member collection.  The Sewing Rabbit Pattern Member program is fantastic if you love sewing with Indie PDF patterns.  You pay $10 per month and receive three patterns each month.  This month, the three patterns are my Little Betty top, The Girl's Skater dress by Amanda - Kitschy Coo and the Trapeze dress (for women) which is a pattern exclusive to Pattern Members.  I will be sharing a new Little Betty later this month but I was keen to firstly sew up The Skater Dress.  





I searched through my knit fabrics for enough fabric for a dress but wasn't really happy with what I found. Spotlight were having 40% off fabrics and I found this gorgeous jersey knit and some contrasting ribbing. The dress cost me about $6.

Issie lost her first tooth last week!!! So exciting.  She received a miniature note from 'Felicity' (named after my once favourite TV character! - Ok, I still love it!!) the tooth fairy and one treasured dollar. I couldn't bring myself to throw out her first tooth, so I think I will keep it for posterity. Is that weird?!



Flower stew anyone? Our daffodils, jonquils and snow drops have been out for weeks, even though it is winter here - so lovely.




This dress is super comfy and I really love it.  I did find the sizing too big though. I sewed up the 3-4 size and it fits Isabella who has turned six and usually fits into a size 5. I intended this dress to be for Juliette but it is too sloppy on her but fits Issie well.


If you would like to become a pattern member, you can read all about it and join up here.


Thanks for including me Jess and thanks for the great pattern Amanda!

PS. If you sign up to become a pattern member during the month of August, I get a little something out of it - thank you:)

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. I found this dress to be big, too, especially the bodice. But It's such a great pattern. It looks great on Issie! And that missing first tooth is just the best! They look so sweet with a missing tooth, don't they? Beautiful photos, too, Suz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! Always on the look out for cute winter patterns. Oscar is so cranky that he hasn't lost a tooth yet - my mum kept all our teeth, so you're not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flower stew is my fave! Love the dress Suz. I just bought the same knit for lining for LM's new jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks girls! Can't wait to see your jacket Jenya!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this dress so much! Thank you so much for sharing!!! So fabulous! I need to sew up some long sleeve ones in preparation for Fall / Winter. Such a perfect pattern. And congrats on the lost tooth! The get so big so fast :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you like it Jess!! Thanks for having me:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I keep teeth too! But be warned, be very careful where you keep them. Torin found one once, which in my sleepy state of smuggling out from under his pillow, I forget to stash away safely. I had to spin a big story about how the tooth fairy must have dropped it, and we should put it back under his pillow...etc ....etc..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day☼