An Antalya dress

May 16, 2015


A few weeks ago I did some pattern testing for my blogging friend Olga (Kid Approved) for the new Willow & Co collection, and made the Antalya dress



I really loved the lines of the pattern and was excited to make this pattern as it is unique, I think. It features curved seams at the front and back, a gathered skirt at the back, dolman sleeves and either an exposed zipper or buttons and loops at the back. The neckline is finished with bias binding.


I had never inserted a zipper this way before - the facing sits underneath the zip so that from the inside, the zipper is as neat as the outside.  Olga did a great job with this pattern - including digitised pattern drawings and thoroughly tested pattern sized 1 - 12 years. You can also add piping to the curved seams which looks gorgeous on other versions I have seen. 


The dress length has been extended by about an inch and half so it is not as short as it appears on this version.  Despite that, Juliette wears her short Antalya dress all the time.   She wears it to kinder with long sleeves and tights. The fabric I used was thrifted from my local op shop.  The dress cost me about $4.00 (which was spent mostly on the zip!!)


I can highly recommend the Antalya dress pattern - and so can Juliette!

(I know this photo is not super clear but it was the only landscape shot I got!)

You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. Lovely! I love how you positioned the stripes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Already bought the pattern when it released, I also love the lines! Great seeing your version, very smart playing with those stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great! Love the stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it how you played with the directions of the stripes on this dress - super cute! Lovely photobombing from the cat ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know- so funny! That's our Rosie:)

      Delete
  5. Thank you SO MUCH, Suz for you nice words and for all your input during testing! It helped me to really improve the pattern. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're welcome olga!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great op-shop score - love the colours and the effect the stripes give to the pattern :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your fabric selection! It makes me want to buy this pattern and I don't usually sew from premade patterns. I have this great bright stripe denim that would sew up amazingly into this dress.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the way you played with the stripes direccion! Cute cute dress!
    Kiss
    Rita

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day☼