Some Sunday stretch sewing

May 17, 2015


I went to Spotlight yesterday for an invisible zip for an Ishi dress I am making, and came out with some gorgeous jersey which was on sale as well.  'Spotty' has a great range of jersey these days.  Lots of gorgeous prints which are usually around $15 per metre. They were on sale for 30% off so I managed to make this outfit for about $12. Issie only had one pair of leggings and I thought, I really should make them, since I can, even though I could probably buy them for the same price.  I love sewing for my kids and they only took about 15 minutes of sewing time.

The jersey is called 'combed jersey' but these knits have a different stretch to each other - the leggings are less stretchy than the top. I love the woodland print of the top. It also comes in a soft red/orange colourway.  I just used one of Issie's store bought tops and cut a pattern from it - I only purchased 1/2 metre so I used long cuffs with some lovely soft stretch blue I had in my stash.  I added a peplum frill for fun.  


I also can't go past spots - I pretty much love all spots.  I love the soft red/orange colour of this fabric. The leggings were also traced from another pair - they have no side seams so there were only three construction seams then the waist and leg hems - super quick!! I used my over locker for both projects which makes stretch sewing so fast and easy.



Isabella has well and truly worn this outfit in already - bacon and eggs with Daddy, a trip to the shops to spend their precious pocket money, visiting her aunty (my sister) and uncle and riding on the quad bike and in the ute around their paddocks and some tree climbing at home. She was sad the leggings were already in the wash basket by the end of the day! I love the girls' excitement when they see me with new fabric - "What are you making...Who's this for?" And then "Yay, it's for me! You'll get the next one Juliette."


Ow.....

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. oh that last photo :D Great outfit Suz. Fun and practical. I might have to visit my local Spotty soon to check out the knits section!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks jenya. Spotty have definitely improved their knits;)

      Delete
  2. Lovely set and the same excitement over fabric as well. When a package arives they already assume it is fabric :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this practical outfit very much! And the last sentences are so recongnizable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This tote was inspired by my sister in law who came to stay the weekend before a business trip. She has a vibrant sense of style for the weekend, but still pulled together a professional look before she headed into the office Monday morning. click here

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really should make them, since I can, even though I could probably buy them for the same price Reverse Osmosis System Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  6. who came to stay the weekend before a business trip. She has a vibrant sense weight bench reviews 2016

    ReplyDelete
  7. the mermaid in Adobe Illustrator, printed out the line art, and traced it onto my fabric with a water soluble marker. Best AR Blue Clean Pressure Washer

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heat radiates up from the pavement and snakes around my ankles, competing with the sun to see who can chase me into air conditioning first the best electric can opener.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great article! We are linking to this great article on our site. Keep up the good writing.best automatic espresso machine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day☼