CATHERINE CARDIGAN RELEASE!

January 30, 2018


Today I am very excited to announce that the Catherine cardigan pattern is now available to purchase in the sewpony shop. You can find it HERE!  You can read all about the features of the pattern and see different syles in the shop listing. Scroll to the end of this post for a discount!  Thanks to my wonderful testers, the testing process was lots of fun and it was so encouraging to see so many beautiful cardigans. I only need to modify the neckband of the pattern, otherwise, only minor tweaks to the fit.  I had 23 lovely ladies helping me and I owe them a big thank you!  Thank you Ana Sofia, Beth, Celine, Claudia, Daisy, Deborah, Dosrote, Fabienne, Fanny, Jenny, Juanita, Kristie, Lindsy, Nelleke, Qwinta, Renee, Rineke, Sofie, Sylvia, Tinne and Verinne.  You all did a wonderful job! Search #catherinecardigan on IG to see some tester versions.



Aside from telling you that the pattern can now be purchased, I am also excited to show you this new sleeve option.  I had a vision of using the long sleeve cuff (and widening it a little) with the short sleeve to create a puffed above elbow sleeve. I am really pleased with how it turned out, and this new cuff is now available within the pattern. 



For this dino cardigan, I used a medium weight interlock that I found on sale at Spotlight. I had blue buttons in my button stash and added the pussy bow because I love it.  The Catherine cardigan looks great sewn up in jersey, Ponte, French terry, interlock and other stretch fabrics. Thicker sweater fabrics don't work well for the finer details of the pattern like the neckband, cuffs and front bands.


For the next 48 hours you can receive a 20% discount on the pattern purchase by using the code: CATHERINE20.  Code expires on February 1st at 11pm AEST. Happy sewing!!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day☼