the catherine cardigan

January 12, 2018


Hello faithful readers! This blog has been rather quiet recently. This is for a few reasons...summer holidays, laziness and getting a new computer and working out how to use it!  Well today I am excited to share a pattern project I have been working on over the past couple of months.  You may have caught a couple of sneak peeks over on Instagram.  I have made three so far, but love this one the most.  I originally made it for Emily (size 5) and photographed her in it, however I wasn't happy with the photos I took and decided to try again for some new photos. I happened to try it on  this morning since her second name is Catherine (after my beautiful Mum), and since it was her turn to feature on a pattern cover.  It looked great on her a little more fitted and so here are the photos on Juliette Catherine!


So the pattern offers lots of options.  Pictured is the long sleeve option with short bow and full buttoned band.  On Instagram you will have also seen the first prototype sewn up in grey, with half buttoned band and short sleeves.  There will also be a full pussy bow option and three quarter sleeve option. The back features a separate yoke with gathered detail beneath. The sleeve caps are gathered.




If you're like me, you love cardigans - for yourself or your girls, so I really wanted to add this design to the collection of sewpony patterns. Cardigans looks great with anything! And if you prefer to sew rather than to knit cardigans, I hope this pattern is one you will love to sew up!


The fabric I used for this Catherine cardigan was a gem of a find from my local op shop.  I was so happy when I found it!! I paired it with some cute purple glittery buttons.  Our agapanthus served as a suitable backdrop!

I will be sewing up another cardigan this week with the final test pattern and will be putting out a tester call shortly afterwards.  So if you would like to help me out with testing, keep an eye out on my IG and Facebook page for the notice.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day☼