Kids' Clothes Week: Debbie's Brithday Dress pattern update

October 21, 2013


Over the past week I have spent lots of time revising my pattern - Debbie's birthday dress.  I released this pattern a few months ago, and after seeing lots of lovelv versions made up around the blogosphere, I decided that although I loved how the dresses came up, that a few modifications would make me even happier with the pattern I was putting out there for people to sew.  They are listed below...


So with dress modifications, of course I had to re-sew my pattern.  This colourful dress has no front seams, which I think suits this fabric best.  This uninterrupted A-line view can easily be achieved by simply subtracting the seam allowance from the front dress piece of view 2 of the pattern and placing the pattern piece on the fold.

 
I love this fabric paired with this pattern.  It's a cotton drill I picked up last week at Spotlight.  I bought it before I knew what I was doing with it.  It was perfect for another Debbie dress.
 

I am posting this dress during Kids' Clothes Week, but I will admit I sewed it up last week, but wanted to wait until my pattern was ready to go before blogging about it.  I will be uploading it to the Kids' Clothes Week site and having a look at what everyone else has been up to.

 
You can purchase my pattern from my sewpony vintage etsy shop for only $5AUD until October 31st (regular price is $8 AUD).  No discount codes needed.
 
You may see a few Debbie's birthday dresses popping up this week.  Some blogging friends have are kindly helping me out with sewing up the revised pattern and sharing their creations this week for Kids' Clothes Week.  Thanks guys! And I can't wait to see them all!!

You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. Great news Suz! Heading over to get my pattern now, looks great:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the re-release Suz and good on you for putting in all that extra work to improve it. I love the fabric you've used for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say that I loved the dress as it was but I think I will love it even more now! Great work!

    The fabric on this dress is absolutely gorgeous, Suz!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the fabric! i have one dress done and one to go:) it is going to be a great week seeing all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh, that fabric IS fabulous ;-) I am making a checked (is that the correct English word?) version too...woohooo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh i want the new one too, do the people who already bought it recieve an update or something like that? Thanks !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YEs that's right. I will find all email addresses from etsy this week and email everyone:)

      Delete
  7. Great modifications Suz - I had to add length (especially for my tall girl) to my versions so will wait in anticipation for the update before making more!

    Fantastic fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the fabric, Suz! The dress is super cute. I cut mine of fold too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fun fabric! I just love all the versions you have sewn!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This fabric is so fun! I love it! DBD is a perfect pattern to showcase it :) Lovely Suz :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome fabric! I love how the DBD works with so many different fabric choices :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the fabric! The dress looks great in it! Thank you so much for re-sending the pattern! That was so awesome of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a cheery Debbie dress! One of my favorite patterns... thanks for the update! -E

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day☼