Scrappy quilt Part I

April 21, 2011

I know I should not be starting another quilt when I haven't yet finished Isabella's, but I couldn't resist! I saw a post on Comfort Stitching which looked too much fun to pass up! So I have joined in with her 'Quilt a long' (button is on right side of my page). I'm not sure where this quilt is going to belong but I know I won't be able to give it away so possibly on our spare bed.

Blue

Green

Yellow

Pink

My colours yet to make will be red, orange, purple and brown. I haven't worked out how many squares I will need to make in total yet but probably about 25...eek!  My craftiness is being somewhat curbed by Isabella's resistance to her afternoon sleeps...hence why I stayed up very late last night constructing these fun squares! I can't get too distracted with this project though as I am going well with Issie's quilt. I am almost finished the hand tacking and will then be doing my first free form machine quilting!

You can find out how to put a square together on Aneela's blog. Thanks Jules for finding her blog and introducing me to her talents!

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. The blocks are GORGEOUS! Can't wait to see your final creation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you find the time Suz???
    I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, how on earth do you fit them all together so neatly!!!! Really lovely squares and color combos, and all out of scrap, you're a recycling queen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just stumbled across your gorgeous blog. I too have one of these in the works. I still don't know how many squares I need to make. You have inspired me to dig it out and keep going. Yours are looking great.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day☼