Vintage smock shirt

May 19, 2011


I have been thinking of making this shirt for a while now...



I used this vintage pattern of Mum's that looks like it's been a round since the 70's. I'm sure she whipped up a few for us (four girls to sew for plus two boys!). I love the fabric too. The shirt took me a couple of hours as the gathering around the yolk is tricky and the yolk is handstitched on the inside. I think I will make it again though - maybe the sleeveless version. I love the style.

Isabella insisted on pushing Minnie in her pram to playgroup this morning, so we took some pics along the way!


Project Details:
Pattern - Style 1106
Fabric - American Independence by Sara Morgan
Bits and Bobs - Three cream vintage buttons, elastic for wristbands


I'm sharing today over at Kootoyoo.

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. Oh I love it! Beautifully made and great fabric choice too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute. I really like the fabric choice too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute :) and i love the fabric too.
    hugs
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto on the fabric. I've just had a quick look around and love the amount of clothes you make for your little girl. Some really cute stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous shirt and fabric! I love the back yoke and buttons! You're very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is simply divine. I love designs that hark back to an earlier time. And a bishop's neck certainly does that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. By reading this article many benefits that we can learn. thank you for sharing your insights to us all . boneka full body

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day☼