Ottobre skirt

September 14, 2011


I have been wanting to make this skirt for a while and finally got around to starting it this week.  Many hours later, it is complete and pretty cute!  I had to adjust it a bit as the size that suited Isabella was still too big.  I also added a tie made from one of the frill fabrics.



Isabella loves to dance!  Her usual uniform is a pink tutu but I think I can persuade her to wear this skirt as it has good frills on it!


How's the pose?!!


Project details:
Fabric - red denim (an offcut from my sis), floral prints from my scrap box (lower frill is Sara Morgan Toy Box ... again!, can't remember where I got the upper frill fabric)
Pattern - Ottobre Spring 2011
Bits and bobs - 10 cm zip, button, interfacing for waistband

I'm sharing today at Kootoyoo.

You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. She is such a good model. Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling skirt and what a sweet little model you have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely fabulous.The little lady looks perfect in it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet little dress. Love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This skirt is just amazing, and your little girl is super cute in it! Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous... and the skirt is fabo too. Will be flicking through my Ottobre magazine to check out this pattern. I always love seeing other people's versions ... often they're better than in the mag itself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love this little skirt. Very cute, love your colour/fabric choices too. Your little model looks very chuffed with her new skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the sash around the waist!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day☼