A shirt for Juliette

February 09, 2013


I whipped up this little shirt for Juliette the other night after the kids had gone to bed.  It's my first garment made on my new sewing table - which I am loving!! It is so cool having everything in arm's reach, including my overlocker.  I can do everything (except ironing) without leaving my seat.  Thanks Dad!!  

This pattern is from Happy Homemade Vol. 2 - Ribbon Tie Blouse.  The pattern sizing is in even numbers so I traced between size 2 and 4 for Juliette (who will be 3 in early May).  I prefer the tie left undone as it sits a little stiff in this weight cotton. 


The fabric is one of the pieces I bought on my most recent trip to Patchwork on Central Park.  It's called Deco Dots by Amy Butler's Gypsy Caravan collection. 


Happy Homemade Vol. 2 is a Japanese pattern book - but luckily being a more recent publication than the earlier Japanese pattrn books, it is translated into English.  I have used this book a few times now.  I made this dress and this one for the Kids Clothes Week Challenge last year.


I took about twenty photographs of Juliette - this was the best one.  I need to think up some good (not bad for your teeth) bribes for photos these days... 

I will be drawing my little dollhouse giveaway tomorrow night if you would like to enter.

Linking up for the first time here today.





You Might Also Like

5 comments

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day☼