An autumn peplum top

April 17, 2015



Following on from my late posting of this dress (that was made six months before I photographed it), this top is finally on the blog after I made it around about the same time.



So here is Issie in a top I made last spring that she is now wearing in autumn.  I made the pattern up. It is a top version of this yellow dress.  Like the dress, this top is reversible.  Isabella was a bit chilly and not in the mood for swapping it over for the photos, but you can see a glimpse of the under fabric in some of these pics.  The blue floral was in the clearance section of Miss Matatabi a while back and I thought it was sweet.  It is super soft and was really lovely to work with. It is not in stock any more and I have forgotten the name of the fabric.


The neckline is finished with orange bias binding and extends to create ties.  I overdid the size of the flutter sleeves a little but I think the top still looks good.



Isabella has finally stepped over the threshold into becoming a wearer of jeans (since her 'big' and adored cousins wear jeans, she now thinks they are a good idea). I hope this doesn't mean she will stop wearing dresses any time soon!


Love this photo!!


You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. I love the girly touch it has - great fabric choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last pic is just priceless :) Lovely top, love the fabrics :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man! I love this top and such great photos, too! Love the last two! The second to last one is truly special! (well they both are.)

    Indigo is a jeans wearer now too. It does make it more challenging to sew clothes for her being I love making dresses best of all, but thankfully, she will still wear dresses. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel:) I love that photo too. There was a photo taken between the last two which was so lovely but unfortunately blurred:(

      Delete
  4. Suz, what a wonderful top! I love the photos too. So cute!
    I am glad you are blogging again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the design! You really nailed it.
    Despite your concerns, I think the sleeves are perfect. And oh! The fabric choice is great - not too girly but very cute all the same!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this is adorable! I love that last photo too- what a gorgeous girl she is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Erin. I think she might break a few hearts in years to come (proud Mum!)

      Delete
  7. i love how you mix colors!! and the vintage-y feel of your photos. :)

    Isabella is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the top! That fabric is gorgeous! :-)
    Kiss
    Rita

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day☼