CALL FOR TESTERS: Dear Prudence dress (NOW CLOSED)

June 03, 2015


(Edited: This CALL FOR TESTERS IS NOW CLOSED).

Hi everyone! I am excited to be posting today asking for some help from some lovely sewers who feel like testing my new pattern - Dear Prudence.  Being a vintage inspired pattern designer, I like to use pattern names that inspire nostalgia. I love the old Beatles song, Dear Prudence. Indeed, Prudence is such an old fashioned name and I think it is quaint and sweet. I hope you will love sewing up this pattern!

Dear Prudence is a vintage inspired dress that has sweet details which make the design feminine and unique. The bodice is lined and features a shirred section at the centre and three quarter piped collar accented with little shirt buttons. The front skirt piece features central gathers and piped deep pockets.  The back features a row of elastic to draw the skirt in. 


The dress offers the options of sleeveless, extended cap or three quarter length sleeve.  The shirring detail at the front and elastic at the back of the dress eliminates the need for closures and means your girl can dress herself!

You can see the other test versions of Dear Prudence I have sewn here, here and here.

Please only apply to test if your child's measurements fit (more or less) into the table below.


Testing will begin on Thursday 4 June and will run through until Saturday June 13.  Please only apply if you are able to make, photograph and provide feedback for this dress within this time frame. To apply please fill in this form.

Testers will be notified by email to join a facebook group to test this pattern. I will choose approximately 22 testers within the next day.

Thank you!!!

You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. I would love to test ...i can test in 4 8/9 or 10

    Karoline.deridder@telenet.be

    love the dress already

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am way too busy but just wanted to say it looks great and now I've got that song stuck in my head (yep, I'm old enough to sing along without resorting to Google)
    Good luck with the pattern testing Suz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suz, YES please would love to pattern test in size 18 months!!! I love vintage and love dressing our Mabel in vintage inspired gear - you may already know that? xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been waiting for this post sinds the first time you showed the dress last year! I would love to be part of your testers crew and immediatly applied.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Waw, I would LOVE to test this dress! Unfortunately, this is exam period here in Belgium so I know I just won't have the time to do it in the time frame you put forward. A bit sad... but looking forward to all beautiful creations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've got a 6-year old girlie girl for who I would love to make this dress !
    Fingers crossed !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello,
    I can test starting this evening (=preferable).
    I have a small 4 year old girl.
    I'm just a sewing-starter.
    I've a blog where you can see some of my creations I made before.

    Saraflie.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've got a 8 year old girlie girl for who I would love to make this dress ♥
    Http://lisonetlesautres.canalblog.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  9. sorry :)
    http://lisonetlesautres.canalblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations for another lovely pattern!
    I can't wait to see all the testers versions :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day☼