Issie top #1

August 15, 2018


Today I am sharing one of the Issie tops I made for myself with the recently released Issie pattern for women.  When the pattern was released last week I hadn't had a chance to have some of the tops I made photographed since I was working full time during the day and the weather was wet and grey at night.  I finished this top on the weekend.  It is made from grey sparkly French terry I found at Spotlight.  Unfortunately, the sparkles are hard to see in these photos, but I appreciate the subtle bling.



The fabric was stretchy enough to use as the cuffs and waistband and I love the look of the top being made in one colour.  For this one, I chose the curved frill and learnt from experience, the importance of  sewing with co-ordinating overlocker thread colour.  The thread colour can be seen when the ruffles lift and move so if you're sewing one, take the time to match your thread.


I have a few more tops to show you and when I get my dress finished and my legs aren't so white, I will share it too! Luckily, I have enough of this grey fabric to make one of my girls a short sleeved Issie top too!


I really love how this one turned out.  I am enjoying sewing more for me!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day☼