sewpony mix - cosi x issie

September 01, 2018


I am pretending today is the 31st August and I have just made it for the sewpony mix sewalong!! Emily does swimming lessons every week and I have been meaning to make her a new cosi swimsuit for ages now.  She is a little trooper getting in the car with me every Thursday evening when it's cold. She never complains and is becoming a great little swimmer! Her big sisters will be rejoining her in weekly lessons soon.



I thought it would be fun to add the curved ruffle from the Issie pattern to the front.  The ruffle was too long for the cosi (since it is much more scooped than the top). I trimmed around 15cm from the length and used the curved ruffle template to align the ruffle.  I decided to just serge the ruffle edge to reduce bulk.   This fabric is amazing! It is a seafolly run off (I think) that I purchased from GJ's fabrics in Melbourne last year.


I made a size 6 for Emily (she is between a size 5 and 6). It has a bit of extra length in it but I don't mind that as it will fit her all through summer then too.


Being able to make your own swimwear is very satisfying! This suit took me less than an hour and it has already been road tested and works great!  

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day☼