sewpony stripes

September 02, 2018


Here in Australia, our winter is finally over. It has been long, wet, cold and grey.  So much rain!!!  I am very happy to be thinking about sewing pretty little dresses again! Would you like to join in the sew along theme for September? It's sewpony stripes!! Who doesn't love stripes? I found this amazing striped cotton rayon a few months ago at my local op shop.  It winked at me among the old curtains and polyester and I knew it would be perfect for this month's theme.



I used the tic tac toe pattern for the bodice and the Dulcie dress pattern for the skirt.  I wanted to intersect the stripes at the front so I cut the bodice in two pieces (added 1cm seam allowance at centre front), and lay the pattern pieces on the bias to get diaganol stripes.


Although it is still cold here, Juliette was bribed with some extra pocket money to head out before her evening bath to catch the last of the sunlight. 



Last month's sew along winner is Inge who made a gorgeous Cosi/finch dress.  If you would like to join in, simply tag a sewpony stripes creation with the hashtag #sewponystripes by September 30 to be in the winning to win a sewpony pattern of your choice:)  

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day☼